IGNORED

Hatch Repair

ksechler

If you do a side by side comparison it becomes really obvious. The white base coat doesn't add much cost and is reduced with lacquer thinner, so easy to use. A white sealer would be good or possibly better because it's a sealer, but sometimes I have a hard time finding someone who has it in stock.

If you do a side by side comparison it becomes really obvious. The white base coat doesn't add much cost and is reduced with lacquer thinner, so easy to use. A white sealer would be good or possibly better because it's a sealer, but sometimes I have a hard time finding someone who has it in stock.

You're scaring me a little here.  What about the engine compartment which I already sprayed over grey? 

wheee!

I would suggest you experiment a little, shoot some color over a white primer, over gray and black. I believe you are shooting the green metallic. Then see which color you like the best. Under lighter colors it can make a big difference. The guys at the paint shop told me about this. Your green may not change that much or you may like the effect of the other darker colors underneath. This is why red Ferraris are primed with pink primer, it makes the red really red.

ksechler

I agree with wheee! the engine bay probably won't matter because there are no large flat surfaces and they are at irregular angles and different lighting.

Edit: Also remember with yellow, every coat you add changes the color a little bit, red does the same thing, so it is important to try to lay on the same number of coats on the panels and the same amount of paint.

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1