IGNORED

Leather door skins

grannyknot

I bought a leather dash cover from them earlier this year. Quality of materials and workmanship was good but design wasn't up to par. This of course may not apply to door skins. The technical skills for door skins are not anything like those for wrapping the curves of a dash.

Their English language skills are somewhat lacking and may not be up to answering anything but basic questions. Also, they have no color standards to match our Z's and I would stick with basic black. (bad luck for my blue interior).

Chris:

Don't forget about Interior Innovations ( www.interior-innovations.com ) in Saginaw, Michigan.  They offer full-leather interior panel kits for Z's (in a full range of colours), along with full-leather seat covers.  Although door panels aren't listed, they might just get interested in producing them if the probable level of demand catches their attention.

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

The leather door skins arrived today, I'm pretty impressed. Good quality leather and nicely done stitching.

Can't wait to get started on them. These pics were taken seconds after opening the package where they had been folded, it has been a couple of hours now and the fold marks are disappearing.

Chris

post-25243-0-70370000-1445551107_thumb.j

post-25243-0-64116500-1445551175_thumb.j

post-25243-0-73642800-1445551185_thumb.j

post-25243-0-76378900-1445551196_thumb.j

post-25243-0-81789300-1445551213_thumb.j

• Like 1

The leather door skins arrived today, I'm pretty impressed. Good quality leather and nicely done stitching.

Can't wait to get started on them. These pics were taken seconds after opening the package where they had been folded, it has been a couple of hours now and the fold marks are disappearing.

Chris

Chris, thanks for the info!  My door skins are definitely needing some help and this looks like a good idea.  Can you take some photos of your progress and update us on the results?  Thanks.