IGNORED

Anyone have experience with hy-per lube ZINC REPLACEMENT ADDITIVE?

OK I just re-read his email where the rep says "post break-in". So how many miles does it take to break-in an L24?

There's a break-in recommendation in the Owner's Manual.  Looks like 1000 or 2000 miles is a common number.  But those procedures were written when all oils had ZDDP, and may not even be concerned with cam lobe wear-in.  So you're kind of in uncharted territory.  Pretty sure I've seen higher numbers recommended, out there on the interweb, specific to the ZDDP problem, for new cams and rocker/lifters.  Modern engine procedures won't work since they all have roller rockers or lifters.

Did some research on bob the oil guy, and it appears this product is recognized for reducing cam lobe wear. Since I purchased it already and I am now approaching 600 miles on the break-in, I decided to use it.

My immediate sensation is an engine noise reduction. While straight sixes are known for a silky idle, there is definitely an improvement. It actually sounds like a modern engine.

Of course the biggest draw back is the price with our 3000 mile oil change interval.

When I rebuilt my 2.8 with cast iron rings, the temperature gauge let me know when it was broken in.  It ran a lot cooler.  I know there's no hills in Florida so what are you doing for the decelerating pressure build up?  Parking decks?   :D

I went to a wedding in Blue Mountain.  We laughed about that name.  

My machinist is the only one laughing now.  I'm about to pull my hair out waiting on him.  :(

• 6 months later...

Ok, after 3000 miles it was time for an oil change. Still no ZDDP in the stores, but I found Valvoline 20w50 synthetic racing oil with ZDDP.

Being a bit cool for 20w50 here in Florida this December, oil pressure is up a bit.

Now the question is do you need ZDDP in each oil change? If it impregnates the cam surfaces, just how long will it last with a modern oil?