IGNORED

Stolen 240Z

grannyknot

That's excellent that he got it back! I'm so happy for him! Let's just hope that it only took minor damage during the whole ordeal.

I guess I ought to put some sort of theft resistant something in mine... I've never given it much thought, but it would probably be a good idea.

I like Fastwoman's dongle.

Yeah, I said that.

I too am glad the car was found -  was sure it was in a container on its way to Europe. I was at Whitehead Performance today and the Z is there waiting to get repairs - damage wasn't too bad and apparently insurance will cover all but the deductible. Damage was a broken drivers side quarter window, broken front spoiler, damaged drivers side door (dent, scratches), steering coumn totalled and in need of replacement and filthy underside and engine compartment - no doubt from being dragged into the field.  

Definitely an interesting story with a happy ending. I really hope they find the people who stole it. 

Did the finder get the $10k reward?

Although it is not mentioned in the Toronto Star story, I'll bet Scott took care of him.

Yes, I am taking care of Cody.  He is a really nice guy who wants no recognition let alone a reward and he guards his privacy.  Let's just say it's between him and me and I am happy to reward such a humble, non-assuming man and his family.

• Like 1

Here's the FW dongle description:

I think a great way to create a defeat mechanism would be to wire a number of critical circuits (e.g. starter wire, fuel pump, ignition, EFI if you have it) via black wires (so there are no useful color codes) to a molex connector under the dash or perhaps in the ashtray compartment.  You would then have a mating connector you would plug in to correctly connect those various critical wires.  Carry it with you when you leave the car.  You could also add a couple of ground wires in the car's connector -- and perhaps the horn wire for grins, so any attempt to hot-wire the connector would likely result in blown fuses.

I think that would work very well. You'd really have to know a bunch about Z's to defeat that. Especially in a short period of time.