IGNORED

71 240Z Chattanooga, Tn - Estate Sale

moonpup

Just got off the phone with the owner and he said it isn't one of the "program" cars. He is the original owner and bought it new in 71. It has had one re-paint. Owner also says there are no rust issues. Only said there was some rust on the back side of the muffler.

I was originally told by the "estate" person that the mileage was around 66k, but he owner says no, it's somewhere between 72-76K....

Interested parties can contact the owner thru the phone number listed in the link for the estate company handling the sale.

As usual - you would have to see the quality of the repaint - along with everything else to determine if it's worth $17K..  High Quality repaint {as good or better than the original factory job} - with the engine bay gleaming etc etc - $17K doesn't seem too far out of line.. especial with a one owner car.  If it was a less expensive surface repaint, with all glass left in etc... and the engine bay looks like 76K miles ..needing new shocks, a complete brake job, other suspension work....etc etc... $12K..

Although it looks great in the two pictures show..

Carl

Carl, 17K is probably more the estate company's price. They generally price things high to start with and discount towards the end. While it's under contract with them, one would have to deal with them vs. the owner. If it's still there at the end of the sale.... who knows what the final price will be.....

Someone from the area should check it out in person.

FYI.....I just got detailed pics of the 240Z for sale. I wasn't impressed. The paint work wasn't good, the seats were recovered with leather ( a negative), under the hood was a poor gray color, inspection plate under the hood was riveted on the wrong side,and it would need a full new strip and paint to be nice. It's not a series one. The positives are the dash is nice and there appears to be little if any rust, however who knows, it could be covered up. The engine looks to be all original but shows it's wear. This car would require a lot of work to make it nice. My impression was the car was worth $8,000.00 to $10,000.00. IMO

Edited by Diseazd

Can you share the photos?

Steve

FYI.....I just got detailed pics of the 240Z for sale. I wasn't impressed. The paint work wasn't good, the seats were recovered with leather ( a negative), under the hood was a poor gray color, inspection plate under the hood was riveted on the wrong side,and it would need a full new strip and paint to be nice. It's not a series one. The positives are the dash is nice and there appears to be little if any rust, however who knows, it could be covered up. The engine looks to be all original but shows it's wear. This car would require a lot of work to make it nice. My impression was the car was worth $8,000.00. IMO