IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

That red/black is going look really smart.

It was a lot of work coming up with a colour plan for the engine bay. A green car is not the easiest to work with in the engine bay so I decided to go bold. The valve cover chrome powder coated, cylinder head black, and the block red. Chrome powder coated oil pan, Red spark plug wires, chrome coated intake, black and red fittings everywhere. The engine bay will be painted body colour. Frame components powder coated satin black, red bushings.
That's the plan anyways!...

1 hour ago, wheee! said:

It was a lot of work coming up with a colour plan for the engine bay. A green car is not the easiest to work with in the engine bay so I decided to go bold. The valve cover chrome powder coated, cylinder head black, and the block red. Chrome powder coated oil pan, Red spark plug wires, chrome coated intake, black and red fittings everywhere. The engine bay will be painted body colour. Frame components powder coated satin black, red bushings.
That's the plan anyways!...

I was a little concerned at first with my green car but decided on complementary colors to the green would be the most pleasing to me. Little splashes of color here and there, not too much of any one color. From my experience, red is a very strong color and a little bit goes a long way. Ford blue is the color of my block with NGK plug wires. These should give you some ideas.

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wheee! said:

Some crappy welding and grinding for your amusement...
IMG_4103.JPG

Let me give you some advice here....

Test fit your door before you finish up with the dogleg.  I did not and my repair sticks up a little more than stock.  It wasn't bad but it could've been.  The gap isn't quite right.