IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Ack. I have the fresh air intake in the ceiling for the downdraft paint booth, plus the rear shop exhaust fan on the wall near the floor. I am taking extra steps to be safe as I also have a gas furnace in the shop a couple feet from the car...!

... plus an organic vapour half mask.

Have been in discussions with a member from the HybridZ forum regarding a new fuel tank.... Hopefully I can muckle on to it and get it here for a decent price. There is a small hole in the top that can be welded (dime size) and one of the vent lines looks to be snapped off. Other than that, it is dent free and solid.... fingers crossed!

post-29917-0-33841300-1450028671_thumb.j

post-29917-0-12276400-1450028712_thumb.j

post-29917-0-80657100-1450028734_thumb.j

post-29917-0-39080400-1450028747_thumb.j

You probably already know or suspect this but I think when all that rust is removed there's going to more holes and a very thin tank in places.  That's just judging it from the outside. I recently removed the rust & paint from a cowl with one pin hole in it. Rust was all on the bottom side. Honestly it didn't look as bad as that tank. By the time it was down to bare steel I had fourteen pinholes to patch and weak sections. I'll repair the cowl but a tank would be a b----.