IGNORED

stumped

dero

if he has a 240 that points are there. anyone of many previous owners or owner could have swapped them out.

the first and most important thing is to verify whats working and whats not first and go from there.

if you do have points i would definetly take a guess like the others have said and say that they are out or out of adjustment. they are a finiky little bunch.

let us know what happens

well......... looks like im getting rid of the 240, earlier i was told by my dad that i need a more reliable car and somthing that runs, so now im pretty much being told to sell my z ive worked so hard on, just been kinda bummed out today, does anybody know what i should ask for on this car, ive put alot into and prolly wont get much back from it since it doesent run now, i have no job and cant afford to get it to run, if anybody is intrested in buying a strait body z no rust and shaven down rebuilt e31 head let me know.....................

Dero, first off there is no such thing as a reliable car. You might have a car that is more reliable than another but the bottom line is a car is only as reliable as the maintanance that was put onto it.

Most people pay 200-500 bucks a month for a new a car payment. Imagine if you spent the same amount on your Z for maintanance.

To me my 73 Z is more reliable than my wifes new truck.

change of mind. the 240 stays no matter how much of a bitch it is going to be im not giving up on her just yet.if i replace the distributor, plugs and wires i know itll run........ now i just gotta come up with some cash...........

oh yea i wiped off every plug and the first time i try to start after that it almost runs (stumbles grunts) for about 10 seconds till the plugs get fouled with gas i think........so least i know now its spark for sure, im guessing the spark is just so weak its not enough to start the car

Way to go Dero, just drop some cash into your Z to make her reliable!!!!

When you do get the parts for her make sure you get quality japanese replacement parts. Don't go gettin Bosch or other foreign parts. The car is japanese and it requires japanese parts. IE.. NGK, Nippon Denso etc...