IGNORED

1970 240Z For Sale - Stunning Restoration

DatsunZGuy

Perhaps the intent was not restoring the vehicle to a coveted Gold Medallion status in the first place.

According to the seller's ad, the total build cost was $90,000 with receipts, which makes be believe money was not a limiting factor in its restoration. 

I’m fairly certain if the seller wanted to build a Gold Medallion car, he would have intended to. 

Everything about the style of that eBay listing says "guard your wallet".  If the car is that good it would sell itself.  Dennis-the-Marketing-Guy's efforts actually reduce the value of the car.  I can't imagine being that guy.  Weird.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281487585612?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D281487585612%26_rdc%3D1

post-11371-0-52994700-1415378901_thumb.j

This part of the eBay listing is just total made-up BS.  Who do you report them to if they violate the code?  Themselves.  Beware.

H.) Code of Ethics - National/International Association of First Trade Registry.

Click on the ME icon.

On the positive side - it is a nice-looking car.  Isn't it odd though, that he doesn't post the VIN?  I found the dash VIN in one of the pictures.  I don't know where the other ones are for the early cars.  The pictures , by the way, show that whoever took them is a big-game hunter.  Lots of dead animal heads.

Looks like HLS30-02631

Wow, VIN is close to mine....I'm 02614

I'm guessing the reserve is set for the owner to get at least half of his restoration cost back. Logic being not so much as current fair market value, but convincing a buyer they are purchasing an appreciating asset at half the cost to build if you did it yourself.

"Restored to factory condition!" "Mexican orange exterior paint" "1970s are gaining interest in the hobby due to shifting demographics"

Dennis The Marketing Guy appears to be experiencing explosive ad copy diarrhea. He writes like a graduate from the " Dazzle them with BS School of Advertising & Self Promotion".

Other than the overzealous description of the vehicle, is there a specific example where he's being dishonest? From the photographs and claimed support documentation, the car looks pretty good.

I take what we says with a grain of salt. He is a used car salesman after all.

It's more about being disingenuous than outright lies.  Like the "youtube" link takes you to the Firsttrade web site, not a video.  It's the key to being a successful used car salesman.  No direct ties to the misinformation.  Here's a very small lie though - "Every nut and bolt either new or re-plated!"  (rusty nuts on the steering rack u-clamp)

$29,500, Reserve not met...