IGNORED

1969 HLS30-00182 on Ebay

EhlersRS

The hood is a different color also. Not primer, but gray/silver with pinstripes. Looks like an accident. replacement parts purchased, and still being assembled. No mention of the bottom corner fender pieces and the center section either.

Straight stories are hard to find with these old collectibles. The guy actually wrote the sentence below in the ad.

"Body is straight with almost no rust and no collision damage that I can see. "

Seems like when I ever see one of these I end up bashing the seller but they all seem to stretch the truth.

Edited by Zed Head

I don't know what it sold for, but when I talked to the gentleman in Colorado he was asking $7,000 back in January. With everything required for a restore it is way beyond my wallet. The owner at that time said the engine had an E88 head, but he had an E31 that he would include with the car. Sounds like he must have swapped heads as the ad says it has the E31 on it.The one thing the EBay photos don't show real clear is the chunk missing in the dash above the tach. Also the seat covering is not original as the ad says. Looks like velour material. As much as I want a low number I just couldn't jump on it. Hopefully it finds a good home and receives all the tender care it deserves.

The bidding is now up to $7600 and it's definitely not worth that amount in its current condition. From the little that can be seen in the photos, this car is restorable and worth more than a parts car, but the bidding war is out of control! :) This car isn't worth as much as the '71 "barn find" we discussed a few days ago (Datsun Z Series Coupe | eBay). The second listing for that car was ended before the auction ran its course, so I don't know what it finally sold for. Like many here, I wish all of the 240Z could be saved, but that just isn't reality.

Robert S.

The eBay seller has other cars for sale, including a GNose Z. If you search his phone number on Google you'll find his shop downn Califormia. It's a Google world we live in now.

harmony01 | eBay

Another "Collectors Dream!". Giant open cowl hood, but no giant motor. Maybe a past V8 car? Wide rear fender flairs also. Datsun Z Series 240Z G Nose | eBay

Edited by Zed Head

The final bid ended at $17,600 with 34 bids and the reserve was not met! I guess with catch phrases like "incredibly rare", "collector's dream", and "amazing" how could you not want this "original vintage sports car at a great price"! ;) At these prices, I'm going to start trolling the salvage yards for Z's to sell. :)

Robert S.