Beautiful Blue 240z #6116 - $25,000 - Page 2 - Internet Finds - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

Beautiful Blue 240z #6116 - $25,000

Featured Replies

^^^^ UUPss typo horror << LOTS not lost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If that Z only brought bids of $17K - that doesn't help push 240Z values up much. Even with the flaws that Mike pointed out - that would be a pretty nice Z for $17K. But with the flaws - it isn't a $25K car either. You would have to pull the windshield and correct that paint… maybe get the original glass and seals as well.

FWIW,

Carl B.

  • 4 months later...

This car sold for $40,700 (plus fees I assume) at auction on Nov 1 in Austin, TX.  I wish I could figure out how to attach a photo with this new system "upgrade", but I give up.  Here is a link to the auction page and the results are in the second link below

 

http://www.motostalgia.com/car-detail/?vin=HLS3006116

 

http://www.motostalgia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Motostalgia-AGP14-Official-Results-SOLD.pdf

 

 

-Mike

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

You could take a screenshot, save the file, then attach the file.  Windows 7 has a tool in Accessories called the Snipping Tool.  Open it, circle the stuff you want, then save it as a very small file.

 

I've only been able to paste a few types of files in to any forum's software.  Most don't allow pasting images.

You could take a screenshot, save the file, then attach the file.  Windows 7 has a tool in Accessories called the Snipping Tool.  Open it, circle the stuff you want, then save it as a very small file.

 

I've only been able to paste a few types of files in to any forum's software.  Most don't allow pasting images.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the snipping tool and I use it, but I don't see a way up upload the photo.  I tried the "My Media" button but that just has photos I previously uploaded and I don't see how to add new photos.

 

 I was able to link to the PDF with the auction results instead. 

 

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread...  Its funny how people are able to flip a car from one auction to another so quickly.  This car sold for $17K at the Seattle Mecum auction in June, then apparently sold by the buyers at their Austin store in August for $25K, and then sold again at this Austin auction in Nov for almost $42K.

  • Author

I find it interesting that this car and the one that was just on Ebay below with a BIN of $65K, went up to $38K is only 41 cars apart in their VIN numbers.  Both cars seem to be restored to the same level and probably have close to the same value.  I believe the one on Ebay has a higher quality paint job but both cars are very nice in their own right.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-Series-I-Totally-Restored-1970-Low-VIN-/231389268988?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item35dfe00bfc&item=231389268988&nma=true&si=cTtpx%252FEY2j3p49sD7fCc7T0Jjyc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.