IGNORED

The Red Rocket

Red Rocket

The valuation thing for insurance was one of the reasons I'd like to know, Shannon's were great when insuring it, they said whatever I thought it was worth. Obviously there has to be level of reality when saying what you think a car is worth so I suggested $10,500. But that could be a little low now I think.

For the cars both of you own, Red Rocket and YamahaCam, i'd definately say 10k is on the light side in terms of value

Edited by 240k Style

• 5 months later...

I have been asked by a member about the service record and kilometers travelled by the Red Rocket.

I have the original owners handbook and warranty and service booklet for the car in the Nissan pouch however, the service records filled out stopped at the 90,000 service, carried out in Irymple on 17-11-1982.

The car is now showing just over 63,000 on the odo, and although the car was only a town car for my Grandmother driving to work 20km's away 5 days a week, I think it may have gone around the clock twice.

So, the estimated actual odo reading on the unopened original motor is 263,000. Not a huge number for a car that travelled 90k in it's first 5 years on the road.

Remember, the 240k was retired to light duties in the mid 90's and has spent more time off the road than on the road in the past 10 years.

Pictures attached as proof :)

post-30219-14150829808668_thumb.jpg

post-30219-14150829809189_thumb.jpg

That's an odd sticker in the window of your avatar. The position of the thumb suggests a left-handed person flipping the bird to the person inside. Weird. Unless the bird is flipped backward in Sunraysia. Coriolis effect, maybe?

Hi Cam,

What happened to your Grandad's 240k?

Mine was the dealer demonstrator, suppose it was sold when the 210 lobbed.....

I gave it away in Brisbane to a school that did mechanical studies. Had engine trouble which was going to cost me more to repair than the car was worth ( nothing at the time). There was a guy trying to sell a running and straight 240k coupe at the time for $150 and it sat there for weeks. If only I had a time machine I would go back and slap my self in the face.

That's an odd sticker in the window of your avatar. The position of the thumb suggests a left-handed person flipping the bird to the person inside. Weird. Unless the bird is flipped backward in Sunraysia. Coriolis effect, maybe?

That would be weird LOL In actual fact I simply saw the stickers being sold on eBay by a seller in the UK, thought they looked cool and ordered two, one for each side......never thought about it that much.

Thought the stylised rising sun was clever :)