IGNORED

Starting a new project...Subaru STI Differential swap into my Z

I can say that the LSD under normal driving is completely un-noticeable. It is benign, quiet and easy to own. The added punch is welcome and when you do get frisky coming out of a corner, you can really feel the back end bite and go. It leaps forward. Other than that it is just just like an OEM diff. I never launch my car like I was drag racing, but I have no doubt it could take the abuse. MY L28 can really put the power down through the 205's. The car may be more fun with the 195's I have in storage. But she is definitely sure footed.

I made one mistake in my installation, I installed the RT mount for the rear end. But I trimmed the bump stop too short. So if I really get abusive with the transmission I get a thump. Other than that it has been flawless. A wonderful mod that has added a GREAT deal of enjoyment to my car.

IN fact so much, I was able to shock a guy in his fancy FRS with what an old Z could do.. haha.

Travelin' man you'll notice a difference in the mountains. Especially with the extra HPs you have. It makes a bigger difference in my turbo car than the NA just because of the torque but a nice upgrade. There is a guy in Weaverville who works on diffs. especially the Subaru and Mazda stuff. I had him re-stack the shims in mine after I broke the c-clips. I was told it is better than stock but don't know for sure since I broke mine before install the 1st time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...