IGNORED

Petrolicious - Dare To Be Different In A 240Z

Hardway

Great video and car. It's set up pretty much exactly the same as mine, down to the wheels and tires!

So is it true that the motor has nothing below 5krpm like stated in the video. I have a hard time believing that the L 6 has no torque down low unless his motor his set up with a 8krpm power band

So is it true that the motor has nothing below 5krpm like stated in the video. I have a hard time believing that the L 6 has no torque down low unless his motor his set up with a 8krpm power band

Either he was being dramatic, his engine isn't tuned right, or he's got an absolutely monster cam in there because L-series engines typically have a fantastic mid-range. I'd believe nothing under 3k RPM, but nothing below 5k? Like I said, he seems to overemphasize a bit...

I recently built an L28 with a 280deg/.540" lift cam and the thing has no issues idling at 800rpm and flies after 2-3k RPM.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Either he was being dramatic, his engine isn't tuned right, or he's got an absolutely monster cam in there because L-series engines typically have a fantastic mid-range. I'd believe nothing under 3k RPM, but nothing below 5k? Like I said, he seems to overemphasize a bit...

I recently built an L28 with a 280deg/.540" lift cam and the thing has no issues idling at 800rpm and flies after 2-3k RPM.

I read one of his reactions on youtube and he didn't mean it that way, only that the engine comes alive in the higher rpm range.

I read one of his reactions on youtube and he didn't mean it that way, only that the engine comes alive in the higher rpm range.

Whoa, that was a while back! In retrospect, my comment sounds rather presumptuous and dickish. I love the car and the video!