IGNORED

The time has finally come to paint/need parts

bhermes

A few photos of my recent paint job. Still needs a good buffing.

I now understand the saying you get what you pay for. Although this looks ok from a distance the paint job was not done correctly. You can still see several what appears to look like hail damage and even the old racing strip show through.

I probably will wait until the spring to have redone or fixed.

A lot of body issues were cleaned up but still not acceptable and I am not really that picky of a person.

Need to start thinking about new rims and tires.

post-24101-14150826578051_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826578673_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826579244_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826579809_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826580338_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826580879_thumb.jpg

post-24101-14150826581437_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the paint job not turning out the way you thought it would. Paint work is time consuming and time is money unless they work for free. I would not be happy about all the over spray, though. It is a simple thing to protect some of these areas with light gauge poly sheeting. It is surprising how many things show up when pretty shiny paint is laid down.

C

Most of the over spray is on parts that I plan on replacing - all of the window/door seals etc. Still no excuse. The engine looks like it has paint on it but that is just shadowing. Some of the hoses and a couple parts in the engine bay did get paint on them. I hope some how I can clean up.

Any thoughts on what I can use that wont cause other problems?

The car has come a long way and with the next paint job, spring, it should be easy to see the hail dents in the hood and correct. It is just part of the process.

Trying to talk my wife in letting me purchase some konig rewind rims before the end of the year. Or maybe I will just get them anyway.