IGNORED

The time has finally come to paint/need parts

bhermes

Although I thought this day was coming a few times my 76 280Z 2+2 will finally get the paint job it is needing. I am going with the 110 red (based on all of the post I beleive that this is the color that looks both red and orange depending on lighting).

I have a side question or actually looking for parts. I need a gas filler tube and the fuel pump mount with the rubber piece (not sure what this is actually called). Does anyone out there have these parts laying around they want to part with for a decent price.

Thanks in advance.

I am putting on a MSA Type 2 body kit (front and rear). I have a 2+2 model and kit I came accross was for standard model. I am not sure if I want side skirts but thought I would at least check to see if anyone had some they wanted to part with cheap. Again for 2+2 model.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Car is at paint shop and getting primed in the next couple days. It will get sprayed this coming weekend.

Need to pick up the front hood emblem and one of the front signal light bezels. Sorry I need to find out whether left or right. Car is about 1 hour from house. If anyone has either and would like to sell at good price let me know. I am on my last leg for now on spending money on the car this year. Battling wifes need to get two new dogs.

Thanks.

Car is primed with red oxide primer. Still need the hood emblem and a drivers side signal bezel. Painting is starting today and should be finished tomorrow. I am using a single stage paint from House of Kolor but trying to determine if I should also use a clear coat.

Will it add protection and will it make the finsih shinnier?

Comments?

OK, I need some help here. I have been reading some posts and want to make sure my paint guy finishes my paint job properly. The car was sanded and red oxide primed and is being sprayed today with Single Stage Urethane House of Kolor Red 110 Paint. Most of what I have read says do not clear coat over the paint. Is this correct? What should be done after spraying?

Thanks.

A single stage paint will be closer to factory original in general terms. Remember, original was an acrylic enamel and not the same as today's urethane. If you want a bit more gloss, add the clearcoat layer. It will also give you more protection over the years. Your call as to the type of finish you want to live with.

Going with no clear coat. According to guy that is painting the car it looks really good. I wont know until I go there tomorrow. Was there any striping packages that came stock with the 76 280? I would like to break up the 110 red with possibly some black striping but not sure. Any other suggestions or photos sent welcome.

I have the front and rear MSA Type II body kit so even more paint color without the stock bumpers.

Thanks.