IGNORED

Antenna Rebuild / Restore

JLPurcell

6 hours ago, 72v8z said:

What would a NOS antenna mast be worth?

Currently with "no current supply", to find a NOS bullet point mast you will pay what the market will bear. Same can be said for a good straight used bullet point mast. If they were to be available again through a vendor the price would adjust. An example of that is the tail lights. At one point NOS tail lights were well above $1,000 and a good clean refreshed set above $600. The tail lights are not reproduced and the market has settled at around $400 for a set. The up side of these items demanding a high price is that it becomes affordable for vendor to reproduce them. I paid $150 + for a NOS mast 6 years ago. I have not seen one sell since then but know that I paid $1,000 for NOS tail lights at the same time. You would also have to consider the cost and complexity of set up to re manufacture.  If I remember correctly someone located the original tail light molds etc...I may not be correct on this but I am sure someone on here will jump in with correct information. We are back to demand and cost of manufacture on the mast. I believe that an accurate reproduction to original specifications would easily bring $75.00 to $100 maybe more. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just completed the refresh of one of our members antenna. It was great to have the rubber parts available for this project. Thanks 240Z Rubber Parts.com for these great reproduction parts. The latest being the drain tube and grommet. 

IMG_1771 (1).JPG

IMG_1770 (1).JPG

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, nix240z said:

this week ending on 2-9-18 will be offering a bundle kit for $75.00 plus $8 shipping. 

Black top for finisher nut 

Antenna ball 3-piece kit 

fender-top rubber seal 

Send me an email at orders@240zrubberparts.com with your email address  and I will send you a paypal invoice  once your kit is ready. 

Do you still make these bundle kits and are they still available? I would love to buy one

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, kats said:

19F04FFE-F372-4F82-B211-050F3260814A.jpeg

Kats, how does 1 remove that 1/4 plastic panel without cracking it? These old plastics are so fragile now and require quite a contortionist method of removal that it's almost impossible not to crack them!

• Like 1

Hi Gavin , thanks for asking me, that is a good question. I have done so many times removing the plastic panel. I always disassemble the hatch dumper at the quarter panel first . Pleas make sure you need a support to stay open the hatch , usually I put the end of the dumper on the tail light upper balance left corner with a thick towel , be careful not to bump or hit the dumper unintentionally otherwise you will get the hatch falling down on your head ! ) .

The key is you disassemble the J shape bracket from the quarter panel as you will have a least obstruct for removing the plastic panel. Then No technical specialities, just slide the panel toward you really carefully.

And don’t do the work when you in a cold winter , do it in summer , now you are in a perfect season to do that ! 

I have heard unusual heat and fire in Australia, hope it will be calmed down soon , take care .

Kats

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, kats said:

It’s just a long way to the mast if you wanna Rock and roll .

Hey Kats, thanks for the laugh, I'm glad you like that song. Filmed in my home town of Melbourne streets too!

Of course the local school yard variant was "It's a long way to the shops if you want a sausage roll". Which was the quintessential lunch time snack.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, JLPurcell said:

Almost finished. Still looking for proper material for drain tube. I hope member is happy with the results. It was great to have the products from

How about going to a local aquarium for filter tube?

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/122870227473

My old hose is very brittle, kind of like the windscreen washer jet tubes! So I'd be looking at something like this, for a transparent tube.

Ok, so I have a question.

I'm half way through tearing mine apart. Unfortunately the plastic retainer that sits on top of the nylon mast cord snapped, despite my best efforts to remove it in 1 piece, it was fused in. Perhaps you guys have suggestions on how to remove it without breaking it the next time I do this? (I have a couple of antennas).

Where I'm stuck? I cannot remove the mast from the antenna motor body. It seems fused together. I removed the screws at the base of the mast but no idea how to separate the 2? Any tips so I don't damage it?

Also the antenna itself, I can get the top part to extend and the bottom, but all the incremental steps in between seem to have fused together and each "step" won't extend further. I was going to try applying heat from a propane torch, not sure if this is a bad idea on alloy though?

Photos of what I've managed to pull apart here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wote3a8HA4PX4Why6

Any suggestions are welcome.

First thing I'd do with the mast is soak it in mineral, penitrating, or hydrolic oil for a week or two.  The base could use it also.  The reason is look at the plastic rod and how grimy that is, that goes up into the antenna so on the inside it looks like that.  Once you take the mast off and the tip of the mast you slide the sections apart verycarefully. If you need to for cleaning, don't if you can get it clean without pulling it apart it is fradgel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

1 thing I'll note is that we often refer to these Antenna's as Harada made, but I bought 1 from Yahoo! Japan a while ago that I suspect is a Clarion unit. I've attached photos of 1 on there now. I mention it because it's got the "arrow" tip antenna that we often say is an early S30Z thing, but I suspect the arrow tip antenna's came on later S30Z's in Japan also. As they seem a lot more plentiful there.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x673873132?conversionType=browsing_history

I don't know if this makes any difference what so ever in terms of the rebuild process or how they are made? But just including it as an FYI.

I do wonder if these are made by Clarion under licence like the Fuel pump was originally a "nikki" but later I note "atsugi" on them and other brands cast into parts.

ak30110-img1200x800-1580020045pptg3w11384.jpg

ak30110-img1200x800-1580020045vl9miv11384.jpg

ak30110-img1200x800-1580020045vvexwt11384.jpg

i-img1200x800-1581208792uppeye53077.jpg