IGNORED

240z fuel and brake line insulator sets and steering rack expansion reservoir

nix240z

Machined up a early type original speedo cable grommet, just have to clean it up a little with some fine sanding. The previous picture I posted, of the speedo grommet is from a new Nissan cable that I purchased back in the early 90's.

I machined it with some meat in the center so it can be cut and then glued back in place. I Dont think it will stretch over the ends of the cable but I will try and do it.

The good thing about this grommet is that it will also be machined into the Radio antenna drain tube grommet in the left rear wheel well area.

should be done in about a week.

post-24576-14150826943327_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure my speedo grommet is different. It looks like a standard grommet not extruded like that. I'll take a picture of my old speedo cable w/grommet when I get home.
Edited by nix240z

In less than a week we have the door lock mechanism small rubber reproductions.

Getting the main tumbler installed is a tight fit but it was done.

There have been threads about these rubber pieces missing and making the doors not close correctly.

90% of the time these pieces are missing or damaged on the door lock mechanism.

Perfect timing Steve!

I'd been meaning to ask for this piece for a while and you've already done it!

The list of pieces on my order to you grows larger.

I've sent a PM to several members to drum up interest for the door latch rubber and wiper linkage boot reproductions I inquired about to you. (attached)

Please keep up the great work you are doing reproducing the bits and pieces that have no replacement part number or source!

Jim D.

"Zup"

post-24576-14150827006001_thumb.jpg

post-24576-14150827006712_thumb.jpg

post-24576-14150827007324_thumb.jpg

post-24576-14150827007952_thumb.jpg

Edited by nix240z

Hi Steve,

Grats with the website. Its nice an easy to navigate. Good job.

I cant browse the photo gallery because it doesnt like my Ipad browser. I get "Sorry, your browser is not supported" but that is probably your web provider not supporting Safari?

Chas

Chas

Thanks for the kind words on site, yes I have the same thing on my Ipad in the gallery, but it works fine on my computer.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Grats with the website. Its nice an easy to navigate. Good job.

I cant browse the photo gallery because it doesnt like my Ipad browser. I get "Sorry, your browser is not supported" but that is probably your web provider not supporting Safari?

Chas

Marty , the plugs are on the underside of the rocker panels, two on each side front and rear. You will have to get on the ground and look up to see the holes.

post-24576-14150827031631_thumb.jpg

Steve

Steve,

I must commend you on producing these parts for the Z community. They look great.

I am interested in the rocker plugs. Just to be sure: are these to plug the hole in the upper part of the rocker, next to the Silver sill plate that says "Datsun" on it?

Marty

Marty , the plugs are on the underside of the rocker panels, two on each side front and rear. You will have to get on the ground and look up to see the holes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68765[/ATTACH]

Steve

Thanks. I see where they ar now. My car is definitely missing those. I thought that those holes may have been intentionally left open for drainage.

Marty

I have a complete set of Blemish (Blems) insulators with small imperfections for sale at $75 shipped. The imperfections will really not be seen once installed on the car. If anyone is interested send me a PM. I figured I would try them here first, before I put them up on the website for sale.

Steve

Datsun 240z rubber parts