IGNORED

Cannon Intake Manifold rod end possible solution

Zedyone_kenobi

behold the awesomeness of the kaminari manifold!

behold the arse reaming price off 699!!!

Leon, want to go half-sies

Let's do it. I'll use it for the first half of the year, and ship it to you for the second half. LOL

In my research, I've found that the high-quality castings are basically copies of the Nissan Comp manifold, which was destined for the high-performance versions of 240Zs (i.e. Nissan initially planned to sell 240Zs in the US with triple Mikunis and an extra 15hp). The info came from Tony D, among others.

Manifolds like the Tomei and Kameari are essentially the same casting as the Nissan Comp mani, and I think TWM is similar. There are other quality manifolds out there that differ in casting, like FET, SK, Mikuni, etc. You can get a new TWM intake for $450 or so.

I'm on the lookout if anyone's looking to unload. ;)

Not to muddy up this tread but would you know if this is a kaminari manifold? There is no numbers or name on it and it only has two mounting brackets. not sure if i will run into binding promlems also?

Thanks.

I'd say that's a TWM or a TWM copy.

I am going to place an order from mcmaster today for my collar. I can take it to a machine shop here at NASA off duty and get some holes drilled. Then I will source a torsional return spring. It will be nice not having a linear spring that attaches to the valve cover. If nothing else, it will clean up the engine bay that much more.

Browsing for manifolds on ebay, I happened to come across an FET with a torsional return spring. The photos aren't great, but you can see that they simply used a collet on the throttle rod to fix one end and wrapped the other end around the rod end. Crude yes, but it may work well.

JDM FET Intake Manifold Weber 40 45 Dcoe Datsun 240Z 260z 280z L24 L26 L28 6CYL | eBay

post-19146-14150823135087_thumb.png

post-19146-14150823135408_thumb.png

I think your A may need to be shorter to gain mechanical advantage (the push rods with the ball and socket joints may need shorter centre sections).

The arm connected to the cable should also have symmetrical angles swept between fully open and fully closed just like A&C.

This could be a first step.

Re-drilling and tapping the middle support would be good (or updating to a larger diameter stiffer rod)

Note:

• symmetry of sweep
  • relative sizes of A and C
  • relative parallelism of A and C at start

attachment.php?attachmentid=61528&d=1362182868

post-7641-14150823136326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue