IGNORED

The sudden death of my closest friend Enrique Scanlon (EScanlon)

beandip

I wish I had been able to get to know him, sounds like a really standup guy. I'll bet he'd have never guessed all these people admired him so much. You never really know how much you affect the people around you, and that you meet and associate with throughout your life. He even friended me on facebook just because we were fellow Z enthusiasts.

After 55 years, I don't get too shocked by someone's passing, even family.

This one hurt.

After following this site for the last 9 years, E was the man when you needed detailed, step by step instructions, advice and all around Z knowledge.

I've used his bodywork experience and guidance to solve my problems and to make me confident enough to tackle jobs I would never even consider doing.

Never met him (wish I had), but as others can attest, if you read his posts, you 'knew' him.

He was an honest man, gave his opinion without an ego infusion, and truly loved the Z and all of his Z family.

It came thru in his posts.

I'll treasure the memory of making him spit coffee on his cat after a smart-*ss post.

Gentlemen, we have lost a true national treasure of Z knowledge and as far as I can tell, a good person.

I met E many times at the Canby events over the years. His honest opinions and "Good Job Dave" followed with a pat on the back is what I remember most of him. He'd play it off like it was no big deal when my wife Leah would compliment him on his Z. I remember telling him "I really want those headlight covers" and him saying "I'll try and remember that when I update my will" Who'd have thought it would be read this soon? Certainly not me. He always seemed to be on my side when discussions would get heated with newbies on this site, and I loved that about him. Great man who I can honestly say, helped me to be where I am today when it comes to my upgrades and my car.

Rest in Peace old friend. May the highways of heaven be clear and full of curves.

Dave and Leah

Hi Gary:

Thanks for letting us know. That is very sad news indeed. So young too...

I think everyone has pretty much said it - a great guy to have in any group. Courteous, thoughtful, intelligent and always willing to help others. Always told it like it was.

I enjoyed our discussions, because that is what they always were. Discussion with communications flowing both ways and always respectful of differing views. RIP "E"...

I hope Gary can convey our condolences and thoughts to E's family.

Carl B.