IGNORED

original blue engine paint colorcode?

bartsscooterservice

Les at classic dastun is the official supplier of the 'right' blue for the block and the 'right' grey for the tail lit finisher/grill/ hub caps. Classic Datsun Motorsports.

Suitable 'close enough' substitutes have been discussed here several times. Search for 'duplicolor' along with hub caps or tail light panel or finisher.

Thanks guys, I did find the classic datsun paint from less on ebay to for 29 dollars something, but the shipping costs are the price of 3 cans ..:sick:

Would it work if I take a picture of the right color on the engine block to a paint shop and let them decide as close to possible?

Just found this on Zcar? The Number is Pontiac Blue DE1610.

Edited by bartsscooterservice

There was no code available on record here in Australia - I asked around.

So when restoring my engine, I took the alternator bracket down to a place that supplied the panel beaters paint. We then spent an hour out back mixing the colour I needed to get what appeared to be an exact match. They then put it into spray cans and I painted the necessary parts. They kept the mix on record so now I can go get the paint anytime. Did the same for the orange on the air cleaner. I was quite particular and you cannot tell the difference.

Edited by Webmanic70