IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Meanwhile getting everything ready to go back on the engine..

6h0shi.jpg

mslj5l.jpg

Made paint to match original , on a piece of paint that was still there on the bracket of the alternator, had it scanned at a local paint shop and put into cans. It seems the original paint contains blue and green, with more light exposure it looks more blue, but in the dark or garage it goes more towards turqoiuse..

241uie1.jpg

20150713_113825_resized.jpg
click image upload

20150713_132703_resized.jpg
image sharing

• 2 weeks later...

The E31 cylinder head is warped, and the engine shop is trying to get it back, it needs to go 0.9mm . If not working I have 2 options: let a shop in the US repair the head or search another E31 head... There's no company here to be found that can do it.

I found several E88 heads but I'd like to keep the E31...

Okay just called with the engine rebuild shop they said they can save the head but it's going to take a while need to send it to another shop.

I searched around and Al from California Datsun has an E31 laying around luckily..., so I will order this one from him, and put the other one when it's repaired on the shelf. :o