IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Those are really nice pictures!

I picked up my parts car today, blew the leaves and dirt out with a leaf blower, vacuumed it and ran water over it to get the dirt off the paint so the cover that it will hide under wont get too dirty so I can use it on some other car later.r

After those nice wedding pictures I don't think I will post a picture of my crummy looking parts car out of respect.

We came home from vacation early and that allowed me to finally make time to work on some of the to-do list on my Z. The past week I was able to: Install the upgraded clock (quartz movement installed in the original clock), rework the dash wiring getting the radio, heater and indicator lights (seat belt, choke) working, install the restored 240Z emblem on the glove box door, install the correct hazard switch label on the dash, raise the center of the dash to allow for correct clearance for the console, install the new leather shift boot, install the restored electric antenna, install the restored luggage straps, and install the new plastic rear interior panel. This completes 80% of my to-do list in just two days. Once I have completed the list it goes to a friend’s body shop (Braun Auto Body,he restores mostly 60's and 70's muscle cars)for fine tuning of the alignment of the doors, hood and rear hatch. It felt good to be able to take the time to work on the Z. I am not letting myself work on the restoration of my recently acquired 72 FJ40 until I complete all of my to-do list on the Z.

• 1 month later...