IGNORED

What is more important, SHOW or GO?

Zvoiture

Which is more important? SHOW or GO?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important? SHOW or GO?

• Show
    • Go
    • I would never be seen in public in a car that wasn't perfect throughout

Great posts all...My reason for commenting at all today is this short story: On the way to work yesterday in the Z, I was being tail-gated by some a$$ for several miles (2 lane road). After arriving at a widening of the road (4 lane) the a$$ passed quickly and went ahead to the next signal light. I pulled up real close and when the light changed rode their a$$ at full throttle. This was a Honda (stock looking). At full throttle I was only able to just keep up (not overtake or pass. :cry: I thought to my self even with 180,000 miles on the original engine that wasn't very impressive. I will now go for speed! I don't like being only as fast as a stock Honda (by the way it was a young girl driving). I want to at least beat out these rice burners by a good margin. I will be building a 280 block with a E88 head and electronic ignition. I now have the E31 head. I hope this build will be more impressive but haven't read anything yet on the difference between the two different builds. Any comments or first hand knowledge on this????:(

You're a braver man than I am Gunga Bill.

I wouldn't have tailgated her in retaliation. What would have you done had SHE slammed on her brakes? Surely you would have been worse off.

I'm a chicken. I'll admit it. When I have someone getting too close to my rear end when I'm driving my Z, I'll slow down at first and eventually pull over, roll my window down and give them a hand signal that basically says, go ahead get in front. Not an American salute, no menacing, just go ahead. Sometimes just slowing down will get them to back off, when it doesn't, giving them the go ahead will get the point accross to them.

Sadly, and I know I'll catch some flak for this from the female members of the club, today, the MOST aggressive and offensive drivers are young females. At least in MY opinion. I'm not saying there aren't male idiots out there, just that lately, when I've been driving around, I've been cut off, tail-gated, almost side swiped by young females. I give them a wide berth.

Just my 2¢

Show or Go

For me I am taking my sweet time on my 240Z. I have no plans of it hitting the road before its ready (done). Now this may be longer with the way things are with money now. But I am doing this car for me as a keeper with no thoughts of parting with it at any point.

I know what I am doing is not seen as a good thing in the eyes of a few people. O-WELL how much fun would the world be if we all thought the same way.

For doing up a car while being a driver ( I have done many ). I start with the safety things first Brakes shocks springs bushings and so on . If in doing these I find there are parts that are better or high performance that can be worked in then they are. Then driveline. After the driveline then I move on with the body and show parts. This way I don’t find myself crying over paint damage done by a miss placed wrench or falling part. Now on to the interior again held off for the dirty work and paint to be over with so nothing can get wrecked. Another reason for the paint on the tail end of my list is IMO don’t get flashy unless you can back it up.

So my vote is GO then Show

For the tailgater. For me I back off big time and get them past me. I can not say I have never had a (road rage) deal myself. I think we all have. But with knowing how fast things can get ugly I find myself just letting them by and going on.

You are damn lucky they didnt jam the brakes. The brake set up with the Z (stock) is ok at best for the years it was new (imo) . Now put a car in front of that with antilock brakes jamming on there brakes. NO CHANCE

:dead:

Ok OK... you guys are right. The best thing for me to do would have been to slow down or pull over where I could. I am very much against tailgating and don't condone it. The point I was trying to make was the power thing. I was really surprised that the Honda was just as quick, albeit my engine is a little tired. I just wanted to know if the mods I want to do would be significant, or not worth the effort. My Z will still spin the tires (not meaning that much) but seems to have quite a bit of power for being old and stock.:stupid:

I went with Go, but,

personally---I'm all about performance and reliability, but I believe when driving a Z it should be representable, remember you have a reputation to uphold. I'm not saying it needs to be show winning quality, just representable.

A fast beater is still a beater.

Nate:cross-eye