IGNORED

Can anyone tell me more about this Badge?

72 OJ

Jim and 26th, I visited that page as well as others and these were available some time ago but no info on its origin, yep is rare and looks fantaZtic on my Z ;). I wonder on the $ value on this rarity :ermm:

Edited by 72 OJ

Search is your friend (or at least it should be)....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread27736.html

That is just a badge someone here in WA made up and sold a few years ago on ebay (and craigslist locally). It is not even a reproduction of an original BRE badge, just an interpretation of what they though BRE might have made, based on the actual BRE 510 badges that were sold through Interpart. As the thread above notes, there actually was a BRE 240Z wreath design, but it was only used on two items I believe (the case for a 'bra' and a car cover). No 240Z wreath badges were made by BRE. Like Chris mentioned the same seller also sold smaller versions of that medallion. I bought one and put it in a shift knob.

-Mike

Hardway, it came from a 510 fanatic, he has collected tons of Datsun stuff for over 20yrs, we traded , he got a rare 510/ Bluebird emblem and I got this badge :cool:.......,Mike thanks for the info.

Edited by 72 OJ

Search is your friend (or at least it should be)....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread27736.html

That is just a badge someone here in WA made up and sold a few years ago on ebay (and craigslist locally). It is not even a reproduction of an original BRE badge, just an interpretation of what they though BRE might have made, based on the actual BRE 510 badges that were sold through Interpart. As the thread above notes, there actually was a BRE 240Z wreath design, but it was only used on two items I believe (the case for a 'bra' and a car cover). No 240Z wreath badges were made by BRE. Like Chris mentioned the same seller also sold smaller versions of that medallion. I bought one and put it in a shift knob.

-Mike

Mike,

In checking the BRE site it looks like the 240Z wreath design was extended beyond the bra and car cover. They currently have a key fob and cap pin, alas... no grill badge like they offer for the 510.