IGNORED

A very clean 260z for sale. What do you think?

CW240Z

Negotiating room on a $15,000 260? go figure...... nyuck nyuck

New car dealers always shoot for the moon, they might take 7,8 or 9 grand cash, car looks good and some nice work done IMO,,,,yes go figure nyuck nyuck, you are in marketing ,so you know the game ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

If the car checks out in person - I wouldn't take less than $14,500.00 - might be a consignment by a customer. I don't think you'll find too many new car dealers that are dull enough to take a lowball offer.

Anyone in the area that can go check it out? See if it starts and runs out as it should. Looking at the details shown - someone seems to have done a first class job..

But you never know...

Carl B.

Agreed -there are a few things I'd personally change - but I'd just keep it a nice Street Mod. At least the 260's had decent A/C..finally - so it would make a better driver in Texas etc. A lot of work seems to have gone into that Z - $15K would be far less than the cost to duplicate it.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I agree with Carl... Besides, we need to put the myth that 'cash' means anything to a dealership. The guy who 'sets up your financing' makes a very good living by finding out what interest rate you 'could' get and then giving you something higher. They get you to go for that by 'throwing in' the extended warranty or in the old days mudflaps, undercoating, rustproofing.

I went to a dealership to buy a Boxster and found the one I wanted. My bank told me to 'write a check' and we will sort it out in the morning. The dealership guy who 'sets up your financing' tried desperately to get me to take their financing. Later that month I was at the Home and Garden show and there was a builder there with sample drawings of custom homes he had done. Sure enough, there was a blueprint there for the guy who 'sets up your financing'. It was a 7 figure home...

Hell, I know you can't get out of a car what you have in, but I would think 15K would be very reasonable for that car. If there is nothing lurking underneath and it ran good, I would jump on it if I was in the market.

There's 20k in that car-easily.

Yes, I also agree that it looks very nice and the work done also looks 1st rate, yes some things were made to personal taste but can be reverse, what I am surprise, is to see the willingness of paying the asking price from a NEW CAR DEALERSHIP( Used Car Dpt).....................:ermm: FWIW

Edited by 72 OJ