IGNORED

Gotti wheels?

Zvoiture

A friend of mine has a set of Gotti wheels he wants to sell. He says they are made in Italy. They LOOKED at least 2-piece, but it was dark...they may have been 3-peice (all the little bolts looked functional--not just rivets or something). They are five-spoke with the rim being silver and the spoke gold. I can't seem to find any website for Gotti Wheels. A bunch of outdated sale ads came up for some Ferrari's and Renault's (with Gotti's) when I searched.

So....to my trusty and knowledgeable Z brotha's! Does anyone here know anything about these wheels?

They look almost exactly like these:

gotti_wheel.JPG

Thanks!

steve77/86/71

Most of the Gotti's I've seen were either two or three piece. I've seen a lot of them on race cars in the past, not the ones I could afford though.....:ermm: They were always a quality wheel right up there with the BBS's and such as far as racing goes.

I think they are owned by Ronal now, or they always were....

In fact, the GT2 car I was looking at last summer had a set to go with it. But that's now in someone elses hands.:disappoin

Ok, so Ronal lists these as "Formerly Gotti 1001"...and they only come in 16 and 17. The wheels I am looking at are identical except they are recessed 4-lug with a larger hub cap. they are also 14's. There are two 14X6 and two 14X7.

r1001.jpg

These would actually be pretty cool. I was thinking aobut having the center spokes (the gold is kinda flaking) done in charcoal and leave the rims silver.

steve77/86/71

That particular young lad happens to be a fan of fOOOOtbul. And you are my new best friend. Football is so unbelievably stupid! And Raider fan is the worst. the fact that Super Bowl Sunday is a national holiday is nausiating.

steve

Zvoiture:

Now I really believe I belong here. I was an outcast. A non-believer. I was, dare I say it? un-American. I didn't like football. But I survived. I believed in...Racing and ...Z-cars!! Thanks I needed that.

Phred

Gotti. There's a name that brings me back to my youth.

I had a set of 8 x 13 Gottis on a Renault 8 Gordini I 'acquired' many years ago. They were de rigeur for a tuned Frenchie at that time ( late Seventies ), the car was a 1969 model but the wheels I had were probably made around 1973 or so. I used to think I was Jean-Luc Therier driving a Works Alpine-Renault on the Tour De Corse ( reality was a lot less romantic ).

They were so wide they actually slowed the car down a huge amount just through tyre drag.............

Used to go 'round corners like it was on rails though.

That was until I discovered that terminal oversteer in a rear-engined car really IS terminal.

Took me ages to get my Insurance premium back down to a sensible level after that.

Alan T.

Gentleman hat down...

A men who drove a R8 Gordini deserve the greatest honour.

It was one of the meanest, badest, ugliest (well it was a Renault!) car that came out of France. Kind of a thing from that era ????

Engine in back (way back...) nothing in front but empty trunk (we used to put a 50kg sand bag in front to get some grip, very technical no?). Very sexy blue paint with 2 go-fast stripes (cobras beware...).

But 110 hp from a tiny motor and the weight of a pigmy ballerina 850 kg made this car very very very fun to drive (in the wall). and a cheap Rally car. Well if the Alpine A110 is the French Z, then the Gorde is the French 510...

r81.jpg

r82.jpg

r83.jpg

r84.jpg