IGNORED

triple Weber 40DCOE 151 Float Level?

240260280z

7137185439_c1bc3a1e4d_b.jpg

I bought KF's float level checking tool. It has a line that is 25mm up from either side.

You probably already know all about this, heck you are probably the one who told me about it.;)

I do not think which L series would have any baring on what the level should be, the CARBS dictate that you should have 25mm. If you are 29mm from the top of the surface where the main Emulsion tube screws in you are 4mm too low, which would make your transition really bad to the main circuit. You are making the engine work extra hard to pull the liquid up the Emulsion Tube.

Adjusting the floats was the biggest thing I ever did to my Webers in their brief time on my L24. I also went down from the 170 Air Corrector that came with my 151 to 160, which also helped tremendously in the mixture upper RPM in the higher gears.

Great! Thanks. I will try 25mm tonight.

For measuring fuel depth, the wire end of a $1 plastic vernier caliper works great. I can easily see it touch or not touch the fuel surface as it deforms the well meniscus and reflects light differently. My accuracy is less than 0.5mm and the plastic end of the tool fits squarely across the top of the well

If I had to do more of these, I would just buy 3 calipers and lock at 25.5mm, 25.0mm and 24.5mm for go/no-go testing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55355&d=1343926827

post-7641-14150819868788_thumb.jpg