IGNORED

My Datsun Spirit L28 Build.

The P90 or P79 head requires shaving .080 off the head, shimming the towers up .080 and using early L28 valves (.080) longer than the P79 valves to get C/R's up. It makes a lot of sense economically to use an N42 or N47 head .....it's a lot cheaper and almost as good.

I'm a little surprised that the valves came close to the pistons- assuming the pistons are close to stock specs . That cam isn't very aggressive , but good thing he checked. Was the head milled much?

Looks like a runner.

Zedy....That is one beautiful motor.......can't wait to see how she runs. My 73 240Z fly cut pistons in an L24 block with early heads come out of the block .030 inches (too close for comfort), but I shave the pistons .020 inches for clearance....Eiji works it out with the cam grind. Interesting!

I met Eiji today for the first time while traveling for business. Setting aside the fact that he seems like a great guy and is really a great asset for owners of these cars, he genuinely lives and breathes and loves these cars. He showed me your engine. You and I have similar engine build goals. Your engine looks even better in person, fyi.

I got some more information from Eiji about my engine.

Target compression with the ROSS pistons (86.5mm) is about 10.5:1 -- sounds very healthy to me.

Datsun Spirit custom grind cam: 275 Duration/.480 lift with 108 lobe centers -- no idea what that would do in a L motor, but a 480 lift in a V8 is pretty nice without being to extreme.

9 lb flywheel

Really looking forward to this now. If anybody has any doubts about working with Eiji, stop and just talk to him. A more personable engine builder I have never met.