IGNORED

Triple Mikuni thread

• 2 months later...

Just a thought, but if those sharing tuning info would include their elevation I think that would be beneficial for others using the provided info.  I am just now starting to install the mikunis I obtained from Madkaw.  Looking forward to learning all I can about them.  I'm at 5,460ft in elevation.

I believe the folks in Colorado are higher...but I agree that elevation data would be useful.

Owner of three sets of Mikuni/Solex (two 44 and a 40). Both 44mm are race prepped with one of the two a set from the #33 BSR that has been heavily modified (no inner venture just a brazed in bend tube spitting gas through an 3/16th hole which translates in a simple truth - never lift)

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 9:55 PM, gnosez said:

Race car has no return line but the street Z has one since it can sit in traffic for longer than I want it to.

Agreed. I also run my return line for street driving. Seems like a good idea to me. I do not have an AF Ratio meter for mixture readings.

Currently running 57.5 Pilot, 135 Main and 170 Air. 34mm Chokes. Runs real good and no hesitation at all.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2012 at 11:58 AM, madkaw said:

I thought I would show what I did for making the fuel enrichments work on my Mikuni's. Most people probably disconnect this system and it is probably wise if you are racing your car. It does make starting the engine very easy.

It's just a simple cable pull on the enrichment levers that has two settings-full rich and half rich. You pull the levers to open the enrichment and turn the key, no pumping the gas-infact the manual says not to pump the gas or even touch the throttle. It has worked for me without a flaw. It brings the car to a high idle with the right mixture to keep the engine running. It doesn't seem to dump a lot of fuel in there either-according to my spastic O2 gauge.

I didn't get any cable or linkage with the carbs so I went down to the local Autozone and picked up a choke cable kit. It worked out well using the existing hole from the stock choke cables. As far as mounting the pull knob-I always wondered what I would mount in that open space on my dash

post-7622-14150819240124_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150819240759_thumb.jpg

post-7622-1415081924134_thumb.jpg

I was going to do the same as you, but decided to use the longer of the two choke cables on the stock SU's.  I used an old assembly and cut the outer casing off just past the mount point on the rear carb and fed the wire through to each of the enrichment assemblies.  Works great!

20170410_165407[1].jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick Newbie question: is Wolfscreekracing still in Business and has all jets on stock? Or any alternative to order Mikuni parts quick online?

Just installed PHH44 Mikunis- running way to rich.

7 hours ago, FAB said:

Quick Newbie question: is Wolfscreekracing still in Business and has all jets on stock? Or any alternative to order Mikuni parts quick online?

Just installed PHH44 Mikunis- running way to rich.

Email Dave Patten at Futofab, he has taken the reins left by Todd at Wolf Creek Racing and should be able to get you jets. Dave@FutoFab.com  The wolfcreekracing.com website leads you to Dave's contact information.

Edited by gogriz91

8 hours ago, gogriz91 said:

Email Dave Patten at Futofab, he has taken the reins left by Todd at Wolf Creek Racing and should be able to get you jets. Dave@FutoFab.com  The wolfcreekracing.com website leads you to Dave's contact information.

Cheers, Thank you very much!