IGNORED

The old Weber/choke question

jharvat

Hi Dr 240Z. it looks like the way you set up the chokes is actual a lot less moving parts. one pivot and a few cables. Looks like a nice setup to me.

Thanks for the good words. I love to work on my Z and I really enjoy this web site. I have learned a lot from everyones input and hope I have helped one or two people too. Theres alot of old cars here on Long island but not many 240Z's. This site has been great help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Although it's only +2 F degrees here this morning I'm getting anxious to crank up the L30. It's been hibernating inside my garage at 55F since October and I'm not very sure just how to go about this. I don't want to flood it.

My question is: With the triple Weber DCOE 40's do you suggest I use my recently installed choke or do I pump the throttle a few times before rolling it over?

Cheers,

George

Activate the starter circuits (aka choke). Pump the pedal two or three times, and turn the key. Once the idle stabilizes (10-20 seconds after it fires) roll the choke lever off slowly, and keep it alive with the pedal. If it floods, crank it over with the choke lever off, and the pedal wide open.

I would pull plugs and crank for ~ 1min. or more to get oil into the head and to build up oil pressure.

Look through the oil cap hole for oil lubricating the cam.

Start engine only after oil is reaching the head.

Thanks, Blue...I'll do that...won't be today as the temp and wind combine to make a chill factor of only +2F...seems like January!

Cheers,

George