is my "z" the money pit? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

is my "z" the money pit?

Featured Replies

Just back from the interior shop & my door panels are "no good". It's a 71 240. Does anyone have any idea where I can get door panels.

Anyone on here make them?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Frank.

Why are they "no good"? Pictures would help. Door panels do show up on eBay.

The title of your thread is rather amusing.

When I first bought my car, I was down at MSA and they guy behind the counter told me he no longer owned a "Z". When I asked why, he said "hey, it's a Z, and I'd like to buy a house some day.". At the time, I didn't really know what he meant.

As far as the door panels, I'd say that if your vinyl is ok, there is usually a way to salvage the backing.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Money pitZ,that they are, but fun and alwayz the rationalized excuze to dump more $.

The Z money pit, as large as it may seem isn't nearly as wide or as deep as the Datsun Roadster pit....

I remember seeing a guy on hybridz.org selling fiber glass door panels with or without 6 1/2" speaker holes. It might be a cheaper route. I reupholstered mine (the backing was in a good shape) at the local shop.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.