IGNORED

Valve adjustments question

Milenko2121

I just put mine in high gear and rolled it to turn the motor. Bad idea when I asked the good folks on here because of what Zforce says about tension on the chain. Someone showed me that one can be bought from Autozone for $15. So I bought one and use it all the time now. It's alot quicker for the hot valve adjustment.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-10-Amps-remote-starter-trigger-switch-with-heavy-duty-neoprene-leads-medium-current-clips-open-to-1-2-in-rubber-boots-and-ergonomic-handle/_/N-25eo?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=remote+starter&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=476887_0_0_

If the cam is on the base circle (off of the ramp to the lobe) it shouldn't matter whether the chain is loose or tight. The cam's action on the rocker arm is independent of the chain. A fine point, but one less thing to worry about.

I use the high gear and roll it by hand method. It's so easy that I bent my license plate on the garage recycle bin. I would rather use the crank snout bolt but I can't get a tool and my hand down there past the fan shroud.