IGNORED

Looking for Recommendations

z boy mn

Hmmm. Hadn't considered an accident before, but that could be certainly be a possibility. Also, thanks for the feedback on fiberglass...I didn't know it could complicate body work so much. I will think it over and offer something once I get a chance to look it over again.

I was in your shoes not to long ago. In my case luck play a part in my purchase,,,ask tons of questions,confess the seller,ask for high detail pictures and videos if possible.....if the Z your looking at winks at you buy it. Mine came all the way from California to Maryland , never met the seller or test drove the car in person..Again if she winks grab it.

Edited by 72 OJ

Look at my intro. 72 OJ( I think she will be rename to ORANGINA)turn out to be a great driver and lots of curve appeal ,only minor stuff to remedy,,,seat foam on driver (butt) side is to soft,some cabin panels are loose and noisy ,just got a stone chip on windshield,debating to install a MOMO steering wheel and shift knob and lowering the front suspension. Just installed a pair of bullet style side mirrors.....and she wink at me.

zboy, 72 OJ has summed up in a few words exactly what will happen to you after you procure your new toy. Lets be fair and clear, a Z is a toy. I don’t care how nice a Z you get, you must resolve yourself to the fact that it will have it’s hands in your pocket for as long as you own it. There will be maintenance and repair needs that will have to be addressed, and then there are the selfish wants that will make you loose sleep at night until you brake down and spend the cash. Lowering kits, wheels, carbs, cams, new badges, new rubber, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera……………….

I'm learning quickly that Z's eat $$$, but I think it will be worth it. I've got another appointment to see the vehicle and take it to a shop to check out that right rear tire/frame/suspension issue as well as the body in general. If it "winks" after that, I'll make an offer...and look forward to years of Z ownership! :-D

I would never buy that car. First whale tail looks silly, second bad bodywork, and fiberglass panels just seem cheesy unless it's a corvette, lamborghini, etc. I would not even trade my car for two of those and my car is a work in progress. Oh and he blacked out the SS trim

Edited by grantf

I'm learning quickly that Z's eat $$$, but I think it will be worth it. I've got another appointment to see the vehicle and take it to a shop to check out that right rear tire/frame/suspension issue as well as the body in general. If it "winks" after that, I'll make an offer...and look forward to years of Z ownership! :-D

Ok z boy, time to get your head in the game, first do a bit of homework and find a shop that has experience with performance suspension systems. Also, YOU pick the shop, you are in the driver’s seat here, YOU have what he wants, cash!

Find you're drop dead number that you are willing to pay for the car and have that amount of cash IN YOUR POCKET when you go to the shop to have the car checked out. The idea here is to make the purchase while the car is up on the lift and out of his driveway. He will be more willing to drop his price while he is out of his element. While the car is in the air check all the problem rust locations thoroughly, and point out all the rust and repairs you find to the owner. Stick your fingers into the floor board supports and dig out any rust that’s in there and look worried if you find some. Get your best poker face together, the worst case scenario is you walk away from this car and get some valuable experience in car buying.