IGNORED

Form and function: found it with K&N

Healey Z

Hey Blue, Do you have a pic of the filter mesh? I've not seen that one yet. I currently have my valve cover off because I'm messing with my oil spray bar and I saw a little of that milky emulsion stuff on the underside of the valve cover casting. I've got no reason to believe that I've got any had gasket issues, but was wondering what was up with the water where only oil should live.

HealyZ, I don't think the PCV system lends anything to engine life. From what I remember, it lends to ROAD life because cars aren't all dripping condensed oily residue onto the roads and softening the surface. And the only thing it should have to do with operation is that since the PCV passes un-fueled air "around" the carbs, you may run rich if you plug it without dialing the carb mixture back to compensate. (But, I'm no expert on the topic! :) )

Edited by Captain Obvious

The filter mesh is inside the block, just below where EGR pipe exits. It is near the front of the engine near the header/exhaust manifold.

Walter, Thanks for the response, but I've got to admit that I have no idea where you're talking about...

The EGR pipes comes off the exhaust manifold near the rear of the engine, not the front. I'm not aware of anything having any relation to the PCV system back that far. PCV in the front... EGR in the rear.

Have you got any pics of the area you're talking about?