IGNORED

73 240 Resto Started

brentz

looks great! Mine is all done and ready fir paint. We found some ugly old braised in repair hiding under the seat brace on both sides! Had to cut it out and repair correctly, another unplanned 20 hours! Any the rest of the floor is great. Now the tarpazoid reinforcement piece on the front wheelwell will be drilled out tomorrow, cavity sealed and properly attached. Where did you buy the 240Z stripe? Mine needs to go back on too. Yours looks amazing!

Ollie, it is quite satisfying to finally see paint on your car. It is worth the wait! Yeah, the unplanned stuff keeps adding up. I don't think this type of job is finished sooner thant thought...ever. The stripes were actually a variation on the originals. Before the car was stripped, my body man traced the originals and made some patterns, then he painted them on at the end. I love the striping because it is actually "in" the paint job. You can't feel it when you run your hand over it.

OK that's an awesome way to do the stripes, no need to raid the peanut butter jar in order to remove the pesky polish which can build up between stripes and the paint. I think that car of yours is going to be simply awesome. Mine had the stirpes, plus the original louver / sport mirror / hatch tail package, all which have now been removed. So I'm going to just to totally stock for the time being, then stripe it after the fact with some quality 3M stuff.

• 2 weeks later...