IGNORED

240z Gas Caps are Outrageous! Locking?

venus

Why, why, why? $60+ for a simple OEM gas cap for a 1972 240Z! My after market locking one is 10 years old & really hard to open now. Can't seem to find another locking one at all. Any source for the locking type now? Photo is what I have now with locking mechanism sticking to where I’m worried the key will break.

post-23475-14150816745102_thumb.jpg

Here's a thought...get a non-locking cap.

Yeah, I could get an OEM for $60. But I really want a locking one for security. Some of my neighbors may not like the roar of my Chevy 350 V8 I run with duel Supertrapps & do something evil like sugar or water.

post-23475-14150816745475_thumb.jpg

Maybe you can take it to an old time locksmith and they can refresh the mechanisms.

Wait , I'll add the next line .... shouldn't cost more than 3 dollars , and he'll do it right away......

I could do away with the '' gives a damn '' idea too - as a locksmith , I find that this trade gets

more goofballs stuck in the '70's phoning at ALL hours , lookin' for a deal to '' refresh the mechanisms ''

of my '70's locking gas caps or whatever . Please don't take it to an ''old time locksmith '' .

He'd rather not see or hear about it , trust me .