IGNORED

My 240z is almost done

logan1

Air ride is too gushy for a sports car, I believe he has Ground Control or similar adjustable coils, as do I.

Great job on the 240, just a thought, put an indicator light on those electric fans so you can tell that they are running/ getting power. Save the blown head gasket from overheating if they fail, voice of experience talking here. Just jump a red led with a resistor over the supply fuse or breaker, if the fuse blows the led will light up and let you know the cooling fans are kaput.

BTW, take it to a shop and have them strip out the old tint (which is a PITA) and re tint the windows with the right shades of black or smoked tint to keep you legal and guaranteed. It’s well worth the money to let a pro do it, and it will look sharp and classy like it does now.

Edited by 5thhorsemann

• 3 weeks later...

The car is looks good but needs a lil more power under the hood. I am strongly considering building a 350 SBC and swapping it in place of the current L24. The goal would be to have 300hp/300tq at the wheels.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that i love the sound of my current straight 6 and am not sure I’d like the sound of the SBC as much.

I'm currently debating between the high compression L28 motor or a 350 SBC.

The HC L28 would only give me around 170hp at the wheels but would sound awesome; the 350SBC would give me 300hp but would sound like a truck motor.

not all SBC are created equally.

My advice if you are serious is to build a really stout L28 (maybe 3.1 from Rebello), OR skip the 350 idea as the bore/stroke, does not lead itself to a non truck sounding V8. Instead, if you really want a SBC go with a 302 or 327 with a long rod kit. It will rev clean to 8000 rpm. Now to get really sweet. Skip the standard double pumper holley (which I love) and put a Hillborne style Fuel Injection system on it.

hrdp_0811_08_z+electronic_fuel_injection_systems+hilborn.jpg

8 short velocity stacks, high compression, high rpm, and presto, and American ferrari. Nothing wrong with that. Of course I would rather see that in a late 60's style Trans Am Camaro or Mustang, but hey, its your Z. A V8 is a ssimple as a hammer an anvil. You can make it any flavor you want. If you want great sound, skip the truck motor and build a screamer.

LOGAN

It looks really nice. I really like the high heat hood liner. Who supplies it? I personally don't care for V8 conversions in Z cars. It seems to really over power them and the straight 6 can be plenty powerful if built properly. I hope you enjoy many years of HIGHway driving.