IGNORED

Need advice on this car

oskidunker1

post-17572-14150816684337_thumb.jpgIt is about 10 miles from me. I am thinking about going to look at it. also have some other pictures she sent which I am posting. Is it worth looking at? She claims she is the original owner. It IS the color I want.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2660097679.htmlpost-17572-14150816684337_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816680428_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816681413_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816682412_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816683019_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816683646_thumb.jpg

post-17572-14150816684942_thumb.jpg

Edited by oskidunker1

Hard to say from the pics and I HATE ads that don't give a price. You will likely either offer way too much or insult the seller. Take a weak refrigerator magnet and go over every square inch of the body. Anywhere it doesn't stick, is body filler. If the car is rust-free, it should be a great find if the price is right.

Most people who don't post prices know that their price is high, in my experience, or don't really know what they want but are hoping for a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't worry at all about insulting someone who doesn't post a price. Personally, I feel insulted when someone posts an ad but no minimum price.

I insulted someone a couple of weeks ago about a part (an engine), then had a nice e-mail exchange with them, showing by example why their item was over-priced. I then found what I was looking for, in better condition, a couple of weeks later, for a "reasonable" price (reasonable to me). It was funny, because they had lots of reasons why my offer was too low but still wouldn't say what they thought was reasonable.

10 miles is not far, I would go out and look then insult away if you want it. Don't ask them what their minimum is, they will quote a big number and won't be able to back down with out looking foolish. Make your offer first. Expect to be rejected though.

Hard to say from the pics and I HATE ads that don't give a price. You will likely either offer way too much or insult the seller. Take a weak refrigerator magnet and go over every square inch of the body. Anywhere it doesn't stick, is body filler. If the car is rust-free, it should be a great find if the price is right.

Go look at the car and decide if you want it, but don't get into money with the seller. Tell them you'll have to "think about it". Get your drop dead price calculated and send in a friend that you trust, with cash in hand, to make a low ball offer. Tell him to start low and go 75% of what you are willing to pay, if she bites you get the car cheap, if not go back and start your negotiation at 60% and work your way up. That way she will have already been offended by a lower than expected offer, and even if she won't come off the car for what you are willing to pay, she has your number and highest offer. Remember that the economy sucks, and things aren’t selling the way they once did. I would get the shill buyer to start around $500.00, based on the pics. Good Luck! looks like a solid starting point car.