IGNORED

Spent the day with a flat top expert and learned a lot.

240260280z

Hi Blue,

Thanks for the complement on my RS30. I have one pic in my garage below my avatar.

I like the tool and the way of removing stuck needles, will bear that in mind.

It is worth looking at/considering, the spindle the butterfly joins, it is like the SU carbs, they don't have a bearing and seal in from new, and the aluminium body and brass spindle gradually wear, leaving an area for air to be sucked in. So, it does not matter how good the carb is refurbished, if this is not done air is being drawn in that you can't control...you probably know this, but someone may not.

I like the idle circuit/idle mixture diagram, but for me (I have yet to try) is have it so each carb is individually adjustable. Especially if one carb is a little bit worn compared to its partner, each carb would require a different setting, and adjusting the one idle mixture screw is always going to be a compromise.

Keep up the good flat top work.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by RIP260Z