IGNORED

Oil and water temp gauges don't work

GCSS

Did you look at the FSM on the page I referenced? Did you not notice the connector that the gauge was plugged into? Did you not have to unplug the gauge to be able to test it with a 9 volt battery?

Either you are asking for a lot of spoonfeeding, or you are leaving out a lot of details.

I don't know about the appropriateness of the spoonfeeding comment, but I unplugged the wire at the sneding unit when I used the 9v battery.

I also unplugged the 4 pin connector where the gauges go into the main harness and turned the key on, no power at any of the pins. somewhere between the 4 pin connector and the power supply there is an open in the circuit. I checked the fuse holders under the radio in that snaggle of wires that go to the fusebox and the fuses are good.

The gauges have their own ground wire for the meter movement in addition to the ground path through the senders. Make sure there is a good ground to the meters via this wire. The lights get ground separately, either through the case mounting or via a separate wire I don't remember which.

The gauges have their own ground wire for the meter movement in addition to the ground path through the senders. Make sure there is a good ground to the meters via this wire. The lights get ground separately, either through the case mounting or via a separate wire I don't remember which.

I'll hook up a jumper wire ground and see what happens.

If this don't work, I'm just going to forget about them gauges. I would rather have mechanicals anyways.

The reason I have been trying to get the gauges working is that it was bugging me and wanted to beat the system....(electrical system ...that is.)

well I quit. I worked on trying to get at the back side of them gauges and after spending 45 min or so, I,m done. The radio is in there good. It just looks like it is going to be a real hassle to get the radio out and for what??? I already have the trusty mechanical gauges hooked up so. I,m just going to leave it at that.

SOMEDAY if I ever take out the dash or radio, I'll deal with the problem then. Boy... oh boy... the underside of the dash on the 68 Dodge Dart I,m working on has enough room to walk around in.

Thanks for the help anyways.