IGNORED

Z members in Texas

CW240Z

Capital Z of Texas in Austin

http://www.czot.org

Live in Austin, been working in Dallas. Might need to attend some Dallas area events.

My 240Z is in full retard restore mode right now, so can't bring it.. :(

Well if your in the area the first weekend of September you should definitely consider going to Cars and Coffee and the car show at Courtesy Nissan the first Monday.

Hi I"m in east Dallas. Would like to get together sometime. 1971 yellow 240. First car I ever bought. Daily driver till mid 90's. Had to buy a truck. Car has been stored untill just recently. 2 engines the original and the one in the car now. Switch the engines out in 1981. Polished head, 3 webers, headers, mallory dist, cam is a 274F 274 duration and 480 lift. Just got it running. Heater core leaking. Removed it today. Cleaned the box all up today and repainted it. Waiting on parts to reinstall. I have a air dam on the front ,looking for the front turnsignal valance. Ive been reading that I need to replace the blower motor with a mid 90's honda civic. Has anyone done this? Radio antenna mast was broken in storage. Any suggestion how to fix or which one to replace it with? What are your opinions about putting down some kind of heat and sound barrier on the inside of the car. Thanks Dave Email is speedracer58@tx.rr.com

Hi I"m in east Dallas. Would like to get together sometime. 1971 yellow 240. First car I ever bought. Daily driver till mid 90's. Had to buy a truck. Car has been stored untill just recently. 2 engines the original and the one in the car now. Switch the engines out in 1981. Polished head, 3 webers, headers, mallory dist, cam is a 274F 274 duration and 480 lift. Just got it running. Heater core leaking. Removed it today. Cleaned the box all up today and repainted it. Waiting on parts to reinstall. I have a air dam on the front ,looking for the front turnsignal valance. Ive been reading that I need to replace the blower motor with a mid 90's honda civic. Has anyone done this? Radio antenna mast was broken in storage. Any suggestion how to fix or which one to replace it with? What are your opinions about putting down some kind of heat and sound barrier on the inside of the car. Thanks Dave Email is speedracer58@tx.rr.com

David, sounds like you have a pretty cool Z, I know a few of us guys from around here will be at the Cars and Coffee meet 9-3-11, and the Courtesy Nissan car show that following Monday. You should plan on going. I won't be showing the 240z yet, but I am bringing my little red Porsche. Ill be hanging around it so come by and see it and we can talk about our Zs. As for sound/heat barriers go, I've always heard Dynomat ( it looks like thick foil paper) is a good choice for that, easy to install and you can find it at any swap meet around here or parts store. My antenna mast has been broken off as well in storage, Pepboys has an antenna in the same style but I am not for sure it will work Used ones are almost impossible to locate and judging from my broken mast I dont think it can be fixed. I have read about the blower motor upgrade on this form, however I haven't really messed with it yet. Look around on Craigslist for that lower valance, right now there are a few 240 parts cars in Dallas that stand a good chance having what you need.

Chase

One day we will all need to get together. I am hoping that a big Z meet come down close to me soon.
That is my dream as well. I hear Arne and others around the Oregon region going on Z drives and shows all the time. There are quite a bit of us Z guys with older cars around here, a meet for these s30s wouldnt be a bad idea especially if i get to drive my Z all around Texas :):) Oh by the way I am in love with your car, That exhaust setup is truly music to my ears! Edited by CW240Z

I plan on being at Courtesy Nissan . I work a lot of Saturday morning so its hard to make the cars and coffee.

Ill have to take some pics of it for you, I think almost all the Zs there will be at Courtesy. Are you bringing yours?

We should plan to make an event sometime when the weather gets colder. Around the hill country of Austin or so. Beautiful roads, great food and drink. Great B&B's all over the place. We should make it official.

Lets officially start the GREAT Z road rally 2011. WE can make a map and plan a route. I will volunteer to start planning this. I will pick some windowns down friendly weather. Good cars, good food and good people. I am all for this.

I read about all the BLUEGRASS 1000

CALIFORNIA TARGA

All of these costs several thousands of dollars. I say we do this and make it a reality. If you guys want me to start a new thread I will.

I will call it

Z GREAT TEXAZ road rally 2011

Who is game?