IGNORED

Z members in Texas

CW240Z

Just wanted to see who was here in Texas and had a classic Z. Does anyone know of clubs or events that take place here? I know there's the Z Club of Texas, but they're more or less aimed at newer Z cars I hear. I'm in the Dallas area hopefully we can get some more classics on the road around here!:)

While you'll find lots of newer Z's with ZCoT, I'm sure there are still plenty of people with S30s in the club. Heck, there were always a few at the Dallas Autorama, and Courtesy Nissan still gives support to the first generation. (How many Nissan dealerships do you know of that have sections of their parts websites dedicated to S30s?). Anyway, go to some club meetings, and talk to the members. See what cars show up, too. You could be pleasantly surprised. If not, contact the Cowtown Z Club and see if they have the atmosphere you're looking for.

Your right Steve, one of my favorite parts of the Autorama was the Z section there. Once I get the car on the road Ill take your advise and check out some clubs around here. Hopefully Ill be pleasantly surprised.

CW - +1 on SteveJ's comments. I suspect he lived here recently to have such details about the two local clubs. Yes, ZCoT seems to have more 350 and 370Z owners in the active ranks. The S30's are still out there, they just don't come out as often. Even so, the ZCoT bunch still very much appreciates the older cars. The Cowtown club is much more active in the S30 area I'm told. They are too far from my home for me to try and get active with them. I am close to wrapping up my resto effort. Give me a PM and we can talk about a get-together. A good friend in Plano has a very early '70 car and would probably also like to talk cars with you. Consider getting up to Cars & Coffee in Plano on the 1st Saturday to meet other Z owners.

Jim

CW - +1 on SteveJ's comments. I suspect he lived here recently to have such details about the two local clubs. Yes, ZCoT seems to have more 350 and 370Z owners in the active ranks. The S30's are still out there, they just don't come out as often. Even so, the ZCoT bunch still very much appreciates the older cars. The Cowtown club is much more active in the S30 area I'm told. They are too far from my home for me to try and get active with them. I am close to wrapping up my resto effort. Give me a PM and we can talk about a get-together. A good friend in Plano has a very early '70 car and would probably also like to talk cars with you. Consider getting up to Cars & Coffee in Plano on the 1st Saturday to meet other Z owners.

Jim

Jim I'm excited to see your Z, mine is getting closer everyday to being road worthy!

Jim

Actually, it's been about 11 years now since I lived in North Texas. I was out in Wichita Falls, so it was kind of a pain to make it to events, etc. I will say that getting to experience Mad Mike makes the dues for ZCot worth it. I also got to meet Bill Reagan before he moved out of the area.

In some ways, the clubs don't change too much. I never tried to contact Cowtown because I don't even think I knew about them. That was in the days of dial-up internet anyway, so researching clubs wasn't as easy. LOL

Anyway, IMHO the club experience is what you make of it. Lord knows I've tried to recruit about any S30 owner I've met online or in person to join the Georgia Z Club. My long-term goal is to make the club more appealing to about any Z owner of any age. (I was inspired by talking to one of the members of the Cuban Mafia at ZCon :))