IGNORED

Vapor lock questions for the hotter climate guys

Im really sad! The problem is now worst! The mechanic removed the small hose that went from the thermostat housing to the manifold intake that goes at the rear of the front carb and plugged the holes with brass plugs. He also removed the Heat Control thermostat and hard line and plugged the other end of the manifold with another brass plug. The result is that temperature started to rise and reached the Red zone of the Temp gauge. This is not solving the fuel percolation problem and i was getting really nervous i could damage my engine as the temperature started to rise.  Was the modification carried out wrongly? He didnt even test the car and now he says i will need to wait until Jan 1 to revert the mod! Any clues of what could be the cause of the temperature rising to the limit?

Brass plug rear carb.jpg

Brass plug thermostat front carb.jpg

hose mod 2.jpg

Modification to hose 1.jpg

temp gauge after driving 15 mins.jpg

temp gauge 2.jpg

Did you check the hoses to see if the car was actually that hot?! Did the mechanic properly burp the system? Did he even test it? Did the temp come down after it went to the red? Did the car stall after making the modification? How do you know it didn't help the fuel problem????

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, siteunseen said:

It's behind the rear carb, in the red circle. The line starts under the rear spark plugs and goes behind the motor into the rear intake through to the front intake. Then into the thermostat housing.  I posted a picture showing where I plugged mine. Not sure if its in this thread or one of your others. I plugged mine in four places but you could just do the two ends of the coolant flow for testing.

Plugged both ends following your advice and now im having temperature rising issues!!

3 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Did you check the hoses to see if the car was actually that hot?! Did the mechanic properly burp the system? Did he even test it? Did the temp come down after it went to the red? Did the car stall after making the modification? How do you know it didn't help the fuel problem????

He did not test it at all!  He says he followed the advice and pictures i sent him and that the car had no coolant on the system! Very rude person!

Edited by jalexquijano

Only by the gauge!! How do you know the gauge is correct? After making this mod there could be an air bubble or the coolant could be low. Did you physically touch the hoses to see if they were hot? Did you have fuel issues when the gauge said it was hot? You may have more than one issue...