IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

...and a Happy New Year to you and yours Guy!! Cheers mate :classic:

The head combo sounds very solid indeed. I've read about that head mod and it seems to be a great idea, a more modern chamber WITH a higher compression ratio. Awesome. Were the SS valves oversized?

Trust me, you'll be itching to put that 'mystery motor' in ASAP. LOL

I couldn't tell you I'd been to the track without showing you. It's moves along nicely with 8.3 compression and a stock "A" grind cam though. :) Can anyone say 'turbo'

C-211211-0091proof.jpg

Edited by ozconnection

I always enjoy reading about your projects Guy. This engine project has been particularly timely because I am starting to plan my own build. Would you mind sharing some of the other details and choices you made such as- main and rod bearing brand/model, piston brand, and if you used Nissan flat top pistons what brand rings did you choose, rocker arm choice, etc? Which head gasket did you decide on?

Thanks for sharing your build.

Jonathan.....I always use Clevite main and insert bearings........just heard good things about them from people whom I respect. The pistons in all of my motors are flat top Nissan with Nissan rings (Total Seal are excellent also). Head gaskets are Nissan with Turbo head bolts from MSA. If you get a cam ground, Isky is tops IMO. It's important to use an oil with zinc......I use Valvoline Racing Oil VR1.......good insurance. Rocker arms can be shipped to Delta Cams to be reground.....$4.00 each.....they'll come back like new. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Good Luck. OZ......Turbo....Nice!

• 6 months later...