IGNORED

ZCON10, My Classic Car on Speed

Bonzi Lon

Dean you will be very impressed,Dennis Gage circled the entire event several times,picked great Z cars and never broke a sweat.....

lots of napkins & towels of course...but it was quite interesting to see Millen,BRE & BSR all represented at the 40th Anniv of the Z and a car show expert (Dennis Gage) pick the Z cars 70 million viewers on Speed Channel would enjoy....After 15 seasons of national television broadcasts I guess he knows what the people want...Enjoy the show! Vince C.

I will be going to Z con 2011 in Savannah. This will be the first Z convention for my wife and I. I will be coming from Albany Ga in south Ga. I would be cool if some people wanted to meet in Macon Ga, then we could caravan to Savannah. Just a thought.

Bulldog Z

Well, that was disappointing. The VCR says it had 15 minutes, 45 seconds of stuff recorded from a 29 minute show. The rest was the featured product(s) and annoyingly-long commercials.

The interviews were OK, but that's all they did. There was a LOT more to ZCON 2010 than just some cars sitting in the grass. There's the souvenirs & displays, seminars & meetings, and the driving events, banquets, Mad Mike party, and nightlife during the entire week.

Edited by TomoHawk

^^^I take it you have never seen this show before.That is the format he uses for car shows, pick out 3 or 4 people with unusual or interesting rides. Sometimes he will do the 15min segment on one owner and several of their cars, read Leno, and others with spectacular vehicles. I enjoyed the presentation, & was surprised I was in two of the shots.

Bonzi Lon

Actually, I've seen a bunch of the My Classic Car shows. I watch Car Crazy too- when I get bored. They give more time to the American car events, like the Woodward Dream Cruise, but even though ZCON 2010 is significant to people like us, it doesn't seem that way to them. I wonder what the real reason was for them to go there. It just wasn't the right kind of TV program to give a good report on the convention.

I had the same comment for the so-called "ZCON 2010 teaser video" that was submitted to YouTube. It looked more like a sales ad for 350Zs or 300ZXs than a preview of a Z Convention (just cars driving fast, blurry scenery, no smiling conventioneers, judged car show stuff or nightlife shots.)

Lon- where were you? I'll go look. I noticed three cars from my club, one was in the opening/trailer, and on the Facebook slideshow.

Edited by TomoHawk

The night before the car show at the hotel I had a chance to talk with Dennis at the bar. Nice guy....he asked me what car I had and when I told him it was the lemon/lime '72 out front and one of the 37 program cars he flipped out. He took my cell phone # and called me the morning of the show wanting to possibly do an interview. Unfortunately he ran out of time and never did the interview but he did take a couple of camera shots that are briefly in the show at the beginning. He really loves whta he does (who wouldn't!!) and it shows.

I was out on Sunday doing mother-in-law things with wifey, and didn't get home till after 11 PM. So I set my alarm for 4 AM today and got up and watched the show. They saved the best for last, Vince. Overall, it was probably the best they could do given the format of the show. After all, the sponsors come first.

And to ad that Mark Lambert was the guy responsible for inviting Dennis and coordinating the filming. I saw the trailer and it looks like the show was edited well. Should be a fun re-run of a fantastic day. Thanks again to everyone who came to the car show.

That was my yellow '71 240Z that Dennis and Mark were standing next to during their talk. I think I saw my car 5 or 6 times during the show.