IGNORED

MSA Z Bash 2011

Coopfan

I took my roadster down to the event. After 45 miles on the freeway, my slave cylinder went out (about 1/2 mile from MSA). Driving a car with no clutch is nowhere near as fun as it sounds. I spent about 45 minutes looking at the cars waiting for triple A to show up (some awesome rides there), and then had my car taken to a shop that someone recommended in Westminster. That ended up being a show in itself. The shop owner had a low number Z there with an RB 26, two datsun roadsters, a couple of mini's that were his projects and an early 70's celica with a modern 3 liter turbo supra motor. He was nice enough to put my car in front of the line, and when it was fixed we caravaned back to catch the end of the MSA show. I wish I could have spent more time there, but the toys in his shop and the service were well worth it.

If any of you who are down that way are in the area you should look him up. He has events there and occaisionally does dyno runs for the clientele.

http://www.jerdevelopment.com/

Edited by tlorber

I for one had a great time. :cool: It was nice to talk to people who could understand z-speak.

I commented on one of your photos Coopfan, found my engine bay in there. I might upload some of my pictures, but it's going to take me a while.

Also, not sure if the turbo'd car technically popped his engine on the dyno, he just blew apart the coolant overflow hose. Kinda felt bad for the guy directly across from me who got a hose-down with hot coolant. :sick:

I have got the invitation every year, but have not been able to go.......But this year, I will be there for the show!

Getting a trophy is one thing, but more than anything else, I really like to pull up the status of Z cars among all the other high-end cars at the show.

I really like to pull up the status of Z cars among all the other high-end cars at the show.

I agree 100%. I had other obligations on that day, but will pass that up in order to attend the Concourse. It gives the Z cars great visibility. Glad to hear you will be there also....the more the better.

And we need to get rtaylor there. He is a past winner.

Edited by motorman7
update

Very nice! Wish I could have made it to the bash. Can you guys upload your photos into our gallery? I have been collecting photos every year from MSA and it appears you guys have some nice photos. Here's a link to the gallery where we put them: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3675 Putting them on our site will assure the photos last forever, because people move flickr accounts all the time and we'll lose the photos.

Click on the link "Upload Photos" on the upper right menu bar.

Thanks!!

I'm confused about these events, was the MSA show part of the Irvine C&C?

Hi Mike,

No, the Irvine Cars and Coffee is a weekly event with phenomenal cars, but it is not part of the MSA event. It is only about 10 miles away though and takes place early, so for the last couple years a number of us have hit the C&C first, then went to MSA. Unfortunately my camera batteries died so I don't have any pics from the MSA show :-(

Also, not sure if the turbo'd car technically popped his engine on the dyno, he just blew apart the coolant overflow hose. Kinda felt bad for the guy directly across from me who got a hose-down with hot coolant. :sick:

I was on the other side and thought I heard audible detonation. A few seconds later a huge plume of white smoke was billowing out the back. A blown coolant hose will do that too!