IGNORED

How often do you drive your vintage Z?

bavarian06

I drive mine at least once a week when it is not raining and/or being worked on. Mostly for fun drives. I bought it to drive, learn more about cars and mostly have fun. Of course it gets more use if I take to track or go on a long trip with someone.

The first five years I owned the Z, I put 30,000 miles on her and it now has 108,00 miles. The last twenty four years ZERO. If all goes well, I hope to be back on the street in another two or three months. Then it will go out once a week

My 73 came from the original owner, sat in a garage for about 12 years before I got it, and the current mileage is 29,355 (titled and documented - hasn't clocked over). I usually drive around 1,200 - 1,500 miles a year. It's gonna kill me this year when I turn over 30K. :angry:

After I put my 240 back on the road (complete rebuild finished in 2002) I drove it about 3 to 4 times a month, for approximately 200 to 300 miles. However, in 2009 I decided to purchase another sportbike as sportbikes have been in my life for many years. Now I drive the 240 about once a month. I still love to drive the 240 in the canyons but, my Yamaha R1 is an amazing ride.....it certainly scratches my itch, if you know what I mean! Also, I just installed some new hoops on the 240. I've put on a set of Yokahama AD08s (215-40x17 front, 235-40x17 rear). I'm very impressed with these tires!!! Every time I do drive the 240, I remember why I love this car. As I've said many times before...."Anything this fun to drive should be illegal."

Tom

• 5 years later...

Once or twice a week.  I don't have it insured for commuting or daily driving.  I get a little nervous driving with the maniacs here near DC.  They don't seem to have any respect for anyone.  That said, I built it to drive and next summer I plan to drive it whenever I want.  She's sleeping the winter out in the garage right now...

I drive my 240 frequently in the summer.  Bought it in 2008 and have put a few thousand on it, mostly in the last couple of years as before that it was being worked on.  It is the rainy season right now here so it is under two covers with a roof over it.  Has ethanol stabilizer and a quart of motor oil in the tank.

Did my first competitive driving in 20 years with some auto cross at Castrol raceway here in Edmonton! Had a blast and much to my surprise placed first in SSM!! next year some beefier sway bars and R compound tires (oh and new alternator) ! Car is in storage right now with temps in -teens( I am in Honolulu!)

• Like 1

Sadly I don't live in a place that has nice warm weather all year. So during the winter it's stored, but I try to start it once a month if clear weather ( can't go on the road because of salt ). Then when the weather get's above 15c I'm starting to use it again, usually during the weekends, or I should have a free day off work.

I use non ethanol fuel in the Datsun so it can be stored longer without problems. I can get 102 RON pure gasoline in Germany just across the border here, for the same price as 95 RON with 5% ethanol here..

• Like 1