IGNORED

Rota RB-R on 1970 240z

chachacourt

Without flares, 17x8.5 is going to be dang wide for the front. Probably too wide, even with the Type II air dam. I'd probably recommend sticking with one of the narrower sizes, at least for the front.

BTW - I think you've got a winner in the making there. Looking good.

Imagine the loads on the front suspension. I think tires like that are unnecessary. It's a 2500 lb car.

ChaCha, I have the setup you just ordered and run 225s. Unless you have adjustable coil-overs you will need a 5mm spacer up front to clear the stock spring perch. I had slight rubbing on the stock valance which required rolling the edge in a little. Also, in the rear I thought I had no rubbing issues, and I didn't for some time until I drove the car hard with a passenger and then I experienced some rubbing at the top of the arch. Your experience may be different, but you may want to look at 215s or 205s when the time comes.

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=2824

That is why I am going with 16x8 +10. I realized that too because the car originally came with a size 14 so therefore 17's are overdoing it when you think of it. The discusion here are very helpful. from reading and viewing some of the pics on this thread, I believe this will be cool. its just that I don't know if i can wait 2 months to get the flat black color. I really think it will be a good color to go with the Murcielago yellow. I probably can get the hyper black with polished lip sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, take a look at the wildwood brake upgrade. can someone advise if the wheels will clear the calipers. I think I mentioned it earlier but no one said anything about it. Please let me know if I will be needing spacers or does the wheels goes right on.

post-17354-14150814440792_thumb.jpg

post-17354-14150814441451_thumb.jpg

ChaCha-have you seen this thread?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?25528-my-version-of-twice-pipes&highlight=duals

Ok, then I guess there will not be any issues with the 16s. Madkaw tell me how you got dual exhaust pipes n reference the gas tank on the right side. I no this is not the thread but you can email me what kind of set up. exhaust n what engine. chachacourt@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

So, ChaCha, I hope you will post photos when you have your wheels. I've been following this thread, and you guys pretty much have me convinced to get some RB-R's. I was trying to figure out if I could get some BBS-RK's under my '70Z. It would have required a 5x120 adaptation, but the only size would have been 17x8.5 ET4 and work. I've placed the RB-R's in hyper black as a background and they're really growing on me. The car will be all black with clean SS bumpers. I'm thinking maybe 16x8 ET10 w/225/50/16 rear and 16x7 ET 4 w/205/50/16 front for the near match of outer diameter. One concern I have noticed with other manual rack cars is that a wider/heavier combination makes steering heavy, so I'm thinking 205 may be plenty big for front.

Sure Nativez, I will be posting some pics to keep this thread going. I the windshield and the mouldings from Nissan. The calipers were taken to a shop to get powder coated paint yellow to match the car. black wheels, yellow calipers, yellow car hummmm hummm. I had talked to a guy at Lamborghini and he said the best way to paint calipers are powder coat. Wildwood will be in glossy black.