IGNORED

Rota RB-R on 1970 240z

chachacourt

Hey guys almost done with this project. I like the Rota RB-R wheels chromium or flat black. I just finished painting the car 2005 Lambo Murcielago yellow. I want the car to look a bit aggressive. a little phat in the back. please help so when I order the wheels, I won't run into problems. I have been through a lot to get this far. I was thinking 17x8 in the rear and 16x7 in the front. you guys can tell me different option. I am seeing people pull back fenders and valence ect. I don't want to stall anymore. I just want to put the wheels and tires with no hassle. be advised that I did the wilwood 4 lug brake upgrade from that Arizona zcar guy. So callipers got to be cleared. hope can be cleared with both 16s and 17s. I am not running flares, so there u go. Tks

Just some advice, I would stick to 16's and/or 17's all around. Avoid the different size at the back thing that some people attempt. Most wheels do not look right symmetrically when you attempt this on your car.

You have a number of options, they have been discussed before if you do a little bit of searching on the site.

Arne is right, you do need to worry a little more if your car has been lowered.

Here are some configurations that should work:

16x7 +10 or +4 (205/55/16) front

16x8 +10 or +4 (225/50/16) back

or if you want to be more 'aggressive'

16x7 +4 (225/50/16) front

16x8 +4 (245/45/16) back

17x7.5 +4 (225/45/17) front

17x8.5 +4 (245/40/17) rear

Use this tool to help you, it is amazing:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

I have the zcarparts body kit type II. I will attach photo of the car painted final stage. I just placed the rear window and the driver quarter panel. the black weather striping from the windows matching really good with this yellow i think. I like what you're saying Johnnyt I really want to go 17X8.5 all around. I dont want to mess with paint anymore;therefore that is why I want an aggressive look without flares. I just want to buy wheels and tires and placed them on the car and go to the exhaust shop and done. I am tired, broke and stressed out. It is not good when someone has to do most of the work for you. Note that the bumpers have not yet sanded and buffed or compound. disregard the wheels and tires presently on the car. Its just for pushing the car in and out of the shop. remember I have the Wilwood brake upgrade to consider. The car is not lowered.

http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/chachacourt1/1970%20240Z%20with%20Lamborghini%20Murcielago%20yellow/

Edited by chachacourt

Without flares, 17x8.5 is going to be dang wide for the front. Probably too wide, even with the Type II air dam. I'd probably recommend sticking with one of the narrower sizes, at least for the front.

BTW - I think you've got a winner in the making there. Looking good.

Ok Tks, I cheked that website and its does not have matching configuration for any wheels past 17X7. I want to stick with the Rota because of the classic look or watanabe. Johnnyt gave some wheels and tires in case i want to do the back and front stuff but related its not usually a good thing. Arne thinks 17x8.5, even with the air dam type 2 will be too wide and I wants it to be just right. Do you think going with 17x8 all around will do? and if so what tire sizes also filling wheel well? Tks for all imput and pls be patient with me on this, I have worked very hard to get this far especially when someone who is slow than a turtle is well paid to do the job. Honestly guys, I had to go to the shop most of my days off and some nights after work to help and made sure this guy was working on the car to get this far that is why I sound frustrated but there are better days ahead.

http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/chachacourt1/1970%20240Z%20with%20Lamborghini%20Murcielago%20yellow/

Edited by chachacourt
adding

17X8.5 +4 wheels with 245/45 tires are not plug and play---ask me how I know:rolleyes:---but they look great!

There is a thread somewhere on here or on hybridz that describes what I went thru. Still have rubbing on the rear inside the wheel well that i hope a slight camber change will fix, but flares would be the best solution.

post-7622-14150814168284_thumb.jpg

Johnny, do you have any pics of that setup? Especially from the rear to show how the 8" wheels align with the body?

Thanks.

I do not have any personal pics, here is a thread that should give you an idea of what they would look like:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40526

I have run 245/60/14's in the past and these were BF Goodrich tires which were a whopping 250mm wide! They are also taller than a 225/50/16 and I had very minimal rubbing only on very harsh bumps.

Hey Jonnyt, I contacted 18racings.com and spoke with Jenny. she doe not have the 16x8 +4, 4x114.3 in flat black. She said would take about 2months with a deposit $325. total price $650. Is this a fair price and the wait or any other place you guys are getting it. Also I read where 225/50/16 rub and some sugggest 45 series. I want the wheel well to fill, no rubbing and i dont want to deal with flares and rolling fenders.

http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p...lago%20yellow/

Edited by chachacourt
add